Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hannah's first word

The title says it all.  Yesterday Hannah said her first word!

Hannah woke up.  I gave her a bottle, then we read a book or two (she was signing "book" to me while drinking her bottle).  After the books we changed her diaper, and got her dressed for the day.  After we were all done getting ready she and I said her morning prayers (which only last about 10 seconds).  At the end of the prayer I said "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

After a brief pause Hannah looked at me and said "Amen."

I smiled at Hannah and after congratulating her I started to laugh.  Amen for a first word!  How funny is that.  It was not a perfect pronunciation, but it was close and it was clear that she was trying to say amen.

I wanted to get a video of it today, but she was just way to focused on other things that it didn't happen.  I'll try in the next few days.

**By the way, she has been saying mama and dada for several months now, but it's all been gibberish talk.  This was the first deliberate spoken word.**

9 comments:

Christine said...

Yay! that's so cute that is her first word!

Camber said...

Yaaaaaaay Hannah! Most righteous baby ever!

Jared & Tristan said...

That's a great first word!

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

Of course her first word is amen... haha. I love it!

Amy said...

That is great! What a cutie!

The Sheffield's said...

I wouldn't expect anything less from the Culmer offspring!

Tawnya said...

that is such an awesome first word, Spencers was duck.

Erin said...

She's your child, what else would she say, Rache? Ha ha. Mine was fish, BTW. I know you were curious.

Jill Walker said...

How cute is that?! What a great mother you are!