Sunday, August 12, 2012

The latest projects

Before we moved from Iowa (and I could no longer take advantage of my sewing class) I made this skirt.  I decided to do brown corduroy for the skirt, and then I made four different colored sashes to go with it.  I felt like by doing that I could get a few different outfits out of it.

For the spring/summer seasons I could wear the green and blue sashes.

And for the fall/winter seasons I could wear the orange and red sashes.

On my last day of sewing class I made this little organizer out of some scrap materials that I had.  It was so easy to make.  It hangs on the wall right next to the sewing machine so that it makes it convenient for you to grab whatever you need.

And my latest, and by far the biggest project of late, has been making Hannah's quiet book.  I only finished the pages of the book so I still need to do the hole punches with the silver rings, and then make a cover for the book, but that is several months off.  I ordered the printed pellon pages from this website.  It was kind of fun to color in the pages with fabric markers and to make the pockets, but I am so glad that these pages are done.  They have been a pain in the butt.

5 comments:

Erin said...

You are really branching out. I don't think I've seen you in brown or a skirt anything like that. I like the spunk!

Tawnya said...

Love the skirt! And I am so nervous to work with corduroy (because of the pile and it's directional)! Way to go. And I love the quiet book!

Camber said...

Rachel, you are blowing me away with your craftiness right now and I love it!

wendy said...

Rachel. You are superbly awesome. I miss you!!

Being Breta said...

Very cute quiet book! Hannah will love it! The skirt and coordinating sashes look great on you. May I also mention, the view from your deck is great!