Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Halloween 2013
I know. Halloween was a few weeks ago, but this post is better late than never so here we go.
Hannah was Rainbow Brite and she ended up wearing my former Halloween costume from when I was 3 years old. My mom made this costume for me when Rainbow Brite was in it prime, and I loved it so much that I ended up wearing it for 2 consecutive Halloweens.
As Halloween was approaching, I thought to myself "I know I can make something for Hannah, but I just don't have the time or energy for it, and I don't want to spend money buying a costume. What is she going to be for Halloween?" That is when it happened. I was getting out some Halloween decorations, and I saw this costume in the spare closet and thought "hmm...I think it will fit Hannah." And that is how she became Rainbow Brite for Halloween.
As Hannah went trick/trunk-or-treating, the kids didn't get who she was, but all of the adults did and they were amazed at how awesome the costume was. So way to go Mom!
This year Hannah definitely "got" Halloween. She enjoyed going from house to house (or sometimes trunk to trunk) and saying "trick or treat," "please," and "thank you." Hannah loved it so much that she covered our entire street (about 25 houses), and she still frequently asks us to go trick-or-treat.
Hannah enjoyed picking out candy, and then coming home to see her stash.
This year she also go to eat some candy (she hasn't really been interested in it before). We let her pick out what she wanted to eat and she picked Nerds and she loved them. She still asks to eat Nerds so that candy must have made a good impression on her.
The day after Halloween, Nathan and I went to an adult Halloween party with some members of our church. We decided to dress as Guess Who? characters (though we changed the names of our people to make it a little more eccentric). We highly recommend these costumes because they were really easy to put together, they were very comfortable, and they didn't cost us one penny! It doesn't get better than that.
Well. That was our 2013 Halloween.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That rainbow brite costume is AWESOME. And I love the guess who characters idea. I'm all about cheap costumes :)
Hannah looks just like you Rachel!! She is a cutie and the Rainbow Brite costume is amazing.
Dad said: "That is a great costume!!!----a bit big through the arms."
LaMar said: "Looks like fun. The fellow in the back with the perpendicular stripes looks like Mason. Hannah is really cute! You all are! Thank you."
Post a Comment