Our next door neighbors moved, and that took Hannah's playmates away. Despite the sadness of her friends leaving, she had a lot of fun running around in the truck.
Selling stuff
We have been super busy with selling LOTS of stuff around our house. It's amazing how much you hang onto throughout the years. But what is even more amazing is what some people will buy! I kid you not. So far, in the month of June, we have made just over $185 of selling things around the house. How awesome is that?! And we still have more stuff to sell too.
The reason why we are selling things is so we can pay off debt. We want to divorce Sallie Mae! At the beginning of the month Hannah would occasionally ask "Why are we selling stuff?" I'd tell her it's because we want to pay off debt. At one point she said "Mommy, debt is bad." I smiled, and told her she was correct.
Hannah though has caught on. For example: she told Nathan and I a few weeks ago that we sold Kronk (remember our cat that was put to sleep back in January?). She thinks that we sold the cat!
Hannah even told her friend the other day that came over "we're selling this toy because we're getting out of debt." Insert proud parent here! The statement "more is caught than taught" is definitely true.
Father's Day
Nathan forgot it was Father's Day, but Hannah and I didn't. We woke up Sunday morning and Hannah gave Nathan her cards she made last month in pre-school. Who needs to buy a gift when you can get cards like this?
Doctor visits and appointments
June has been a doctor month.
We had a family trip to the dentist. Hannah has been looking forward to this for months!
Hannah and I also accompanied a friend to a doctors appointment about an hour south of here. She was so excited we were going to a doctors office that she brought her Doc McStuffins toys and did check ups.
We've also been visiting a friend in the hospital too. Each time we visit our friend, we have to put on these medical gowns. Hannah was thrilled to wear these.
Outside
June has been hot, muggy, and rainy. There were a few days though that we didn't have to run the AC, and all 3 of us could just enjoy the great outdoors. Hannah loves to go outside and play with bubbles, her bike, play in the dirt, etc.
Not to mention, it's nice to see the pretty blooming flowers on our bush.
Girls camp
I went to girls camp again this year. I know, I don't serve in the Young Women anymore, but our ward needed adult leaders to go. So, I offered to go for a night. I always enjoy camp. It's so much fun to hang out with the girls. We get to be goofy and no body cares.
It rained our last night, and it was so humid, that my hair went crazy!
Fun with family
When I returned from girls camp we had some visitors at our house (yes, they were welcomed visitors!). It's always fun spending time with family, even if it's just for a few nights. The boys jam out on their guitars, we play games, talk and catch up on life, or reminisce on past memories. Plus, it's always accompanied by great food!
I think Hannah loves it the most though when family comes to visit.
Ducks & Cats
The last Sunday of the month, we went to the duck park. It's been raining so much that people haven't been out to the local parks so these ducks were very attentive. It was hilarious to watch them waddle to us from all over the park.
Hannah and I went to a friends house for a brief visit, which means Hannah got to play with the kitties.
5 comments:
LaMar said:
"I'm so happy for you. We do have a great family. I love you all so much."
Jen said:
"I love that hannah wore the doc mcstuffins to the doctors! Too cute."
Rachel!! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! It reminded me that I needed to catch up on your life- so that's exactly what I did. Hannah is looking so grown up and so beautiful. We need to get together! I wonder if Iowa football/basketball/something is coming to Penn State any time soon... that would give us a good excuse to come up there and visit. I'd love to see State College. Do you like it there? And do you know the Liechty family? They come down to our ward to visit a lot. Thanks again for your comment, it made me miss you!
oh and this is Wendy! not Dave. hehe
Hey Rachel,
I don't blog anymore but happy to see you still do. Instagram is my new journal these days. It's just so much easier for me. Glad to see you guys are well. It's been soooooo long. Hannah is adorable! Hopefully our paths will cross again one day!
-Kim
Post a Comment