Books📕
I read two books this month.
The second book I read was interesting to me, but probably not well known. It's called How to Start a Home-Based Professional Organizing Business.
Yes, you read the title of the book right. One of my talents is that I like to be organized, and many have told me that I have a gift for it, and that I need to open up my own business. So, I decided to start doing some research, which is why I read this book.
Ironically, once I started pursuing the idea of becoming a professional organizer / mompreneur, I got offered a part-time job as an office manager (more on that later). But even working part-time, I still have been able to pursue professional organizing on the side, and started working with someone. I'm excited for their end result.
Almost done with these student loans🔨
We made another payment of student loans this month, and are down to less that $400! When we saw how little was left on the balance, I was tempted to use our grocery money and wipe it out. But, we had to eat so that wouldn't have worked.
We are so close, and it's great knowing that by December we can be debt free! We are definitely looking forward to it. It's been a hard and tiring past few years, but it has been so worth it.
Penn State vs. Iowa🏈
We enjoyed this football match simply because we cheering for both teams, but I think deep down we both wanted Penn State to win, and we are happy that they did. It's been a rough past few years for them, and it's neat to see their football team start to rise up again.
This photo is so awesome (it came from a highlight real on ESPN). Look at the air this PSU football player got. Amazing.
Election🗳
So we voted. When I went to vote, I offered a prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for those who have fought, and are still fighting, for our right to vote, regardless of was is running for president.
I'm just glad the election is over with.
When Hannah came home from school, I found this in her binder:
I'd vote for her any day!
Youth
This month we had our Young Women in Excellence program. It was so awesome, and the girls loved it.
Our theme was "Rubies" from the scripture in Proverbs 31:10-11
"Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her..."
We got the girls these bracelets to help commemorate the night. They were so giddy about them, and I love the fact that they wear them. Etsy is the bomb!
We also had a multi-stake youth dance in Birmingham this month. It was a "glow in the dark" theme, so we all got to wear some glow rings/necklaces, etc.
Thanksgiving🦃
We headed to Virginia again this year to celebrate Thanksgiving with family. Hannah had been asking for several days "how many days until we go see Uncle Dale?"
The drive was a few hours longer than it was from PA, but we had a great time. Hannah enjoys playing with all the gizmos and gadgets at the P's house, she loves the animals, and she loves that there are more people to talk to, and play with.
On Thanksgiving morning, we watched the Macy's parade on TV, and then we watched the dog show. That's one of my favorite things to do. I love watching all the cute dogs.
Then we got to eat some delicious food, and gained about 10 pounds in one sitting.
A little while later, we went out for a walk, and then to a playground to work off some of those Thanksgiving Day calories. Hannah played on the apparatus while I played tic-tac-toe with Mason. I won!
The day after Thanksgiving we noticed Jasper (our family's Elf on the Shelf) found us at the P's house.
We also went on a hike in the local woods.
We noticed the the cat and dog hung around us a little while we were there too.
We also celebrated the December's birthdays, which made Hannah super excited.
The P's gave her a watch, and she was so thrilled. She's been wanting one lately.
Christmas season has arrived🎄
Who doesn't love to pull out the Christmas decorations and set them up? As soon as we got home from Virginia, all Hannah wanted to do was to decorate, decorate, decorate.
Work for Rachel
So I mentioned that I started working part-time at the beginning of the blog. I get to work in one of the old local mansions (this picture is not mine).
I'm the office manager for a preservation society, and they needed some help getting organized, and getting things in order. Honestly, this is a dream job for a professional organizer and there is lots of work for me to do. Plus, they are very flexible with my hours so that when Hannah is home, I'm home. It's a win-win.
Miscellaneous Hannah
Lastly, Hannah had lots of other fun this month.
She made pancakes with Daddy.
She got to play with her favorite person.
She is starting to read books all by herself (without Mommy and Daddy helping her).
Hannah has enjoyed some purchases SHE made with her own money. In fact, she enjoyed them so much that I found her sleeping with them.
And when she came home from school one day I found her in some Thanksgiving day accessories.
That was the month of November for our family. Now onto December!
Organizing book picture courtesy of Google.com



1 comment:
I could use some help in the organizing department.... I guess I should have hit you up for that when we lived a little closer!
Post a Comment