Sunday, December 31, 2017

December -- California

We spent the remainder of our year in sunny California!🌀


AirplaneπŸ›«

Who wants to go to California? (Can you tell someone was excited?)

Of course, Hannah had to make sure that Camille (her doll) was buckled up.



CousinsπŸ‘«

We got to see, play, and visit with cousins, cousins, and more cousins (on both sides of the family)!

Nathan and one of our nephew's went and ding dong ditched a neighbor with a food basket (hat's why they are all dressed up in black get ups).



Grandmas and GrandpasπŸ‘΄πŸ‘΅

We also got to spend lots of time with Grandmas and Grandpas (on both sides as well).

I especially liked seeing Great Grandma and Great Grandpa.  I miss them immensely.  It was good to see and spend some time with them.



Science Center⭐🌎

We went to the science center near USC campus and saw the Space Shuttle Endeavor.  We also did other fun things at the museum.

This was the gas tank for the Endeavor Space Shuttle.

Other attractions at the Science Center.

Hannah wanted to go into the Hurricane simulator.

And we also watched a 3D movie about the Hubble Telescope.  It was incredible!  So worth the trip!


More Family

As it got closer to Christmas, more and more family came into town.  That meant it brought LOTS and LOTS of presents.

You can't even see all of them in this picture because they were blocked by the kids and Grandpa.  But all the grandkids looked at the tree with great anticipation and excitement.



The Flu😷

Unfortunately, with all the family coming into town, it also brought lots of germs.  Hannah started it all by getting the stomach flu.

I think she threw up 18 times in a 14 hour window😩.  No one wanted to take pictures of anyone because when we were sick we quarantined ourselves.  I did find a picture with Hannah in the background.  She was over the stomach flu, but was SO EXHAUSTED.  Poor thing.

After Hannah got the flu it went to 9 other people!  There was no stopping it y'all.  We were dropping like flies.  The bad news: it was just down right nasty and awful.  The good news: in a few days you were all better.πŸ˜€



Christmas EveπŸŽ…

We all went to church on Christmas Eve (except Nathan and Hannah).  It was great to see so many people and families I grew up with!  And, it was nice to have services on Christmas Eve.

After church we came back to take some pictures of the grandkids in their Sunday dress.

Then we headed up to Uncle Mikes to see more family.  I miss having local family around.

I made a calendar for my Grandparents that had a bunch of pictures from when they were younger with their children.  They πŸ’—L.O.V.E.DπŸ’— it!



Christmas morning🎁

It was too crazy Christmas morning to take any "organized photos."  So I'm just photo dumping here.  I will say that poor Nathan was sick with the flu so he didn't see much of anything. 😞



New Year's Eve🎊

We had a more laid back New Year's Eve.  Honestly, it was needed with so many family and illness' going around.

We had the missionaries over for an "appetizer" dinner (they didn't have anywhere to go so my parents invited them over).  One of the missionaries was from Korea and had never had 7-layer dip before.

To help pass the time we played Pretty Pretty Princess.

We stayed up till 9:00 pm to watch the ball drop in NYC.  When it was officially New Year's (on the east coast), we all made some noise with our little noise makers.

Hannah and Daddy danced.



America Girl Doll store

On  New Year's Day, my mom, Hannah, and I all went to the American Girl Doll store to do some shopping (Hannah had some Christmas money to spend), and to eat lunch.

Hannah loved it.  Her eyes were opened to a new little world of dolls!  It was fun to watch her think through her purchases.

She really liked eating lunch at the cafe there too.  She was tickled beyond belief that the Hot Chocolate had pink sprinkles!



Los Angeles TempleπŸ’

The American Girl Doll store is so close to the Los Angeles Temple, that we decided to swing by. 

Hannah wanted to see where "mommy and daddy" were married, so we obliged her.  To be honest, I really wanted to see it too. This temple hold such a special place in my heart.

She wanted to go touch the Temple.  After she did she said "I felt special mommy." πŸ’—πŸ’•πŸ˜Š



THE Date🌹

When we were first married, Nathan and I stayed in a very nice hotel in Pasadena.  We've been talking for several years how fun it would be to go stay there again.  Well folks -- Nathan surprised me with one of the best dates!

We started off eating at one of our favorite restaurants (Italy's Little Kitchen).  Y'all, this place is amazing!

Then we went to my favorite store on the planet: The Container Store.  And yes, I did "contain" myself.  Ha ha, I know.  Dumb joke.😝

As we were leaving The Container Store it dawned on me "hey, we're in Pasadena.  I wonder if we are going to drive by the hotel we stayed in when we were married."

Well, we didn't just drive by it.  We stayed the night!  Nathan packed me a bag and kidnapped me.  It was so sweet.

This was our view from our window.

When we checked in we informed the concierge all about our history with the hotel.  They gave us each a $25 gift card for breakfast the next morning.  And do you think I got a picture of that breakfast? Nope.  But we both had some really nice meals!

After breakfast, we walked around City Hall.  Isn't it cool?  I thought we took more pictures, but I guess we didn't.  Oh well.

For our date, Nathan went and got this flower for me.

Hannah really wanted to take it home with us.  We told her that this single rose would not make the trip, and would end up dying.  She was bummed about that, so we took pictures of it.


Flying back homeπŸ›¬

Unfortunately, our trip had to come to an end.  So we packed our bags (which were VERY FULL!), headed to the airport, and left for Sweet Home Alabama.

We had such a great time on our trip (minus the stomach flu).  It was so good to see all of our family members, and catch up with some friends.  We are greatly blessed, and we thank our Heavenly Father for that daily.

We hope everyone has a blessed year in 2018!πŸŽ‰

1 comment:

Rachel Culmer said...

We loved spending time with you and Nathan and Hannah! We're so glad you could come!!

I love you!

Jen