Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Frenzied in February

February was a little frantic.  Nathan and I both had a very busy month with church meetings, which means there are not as many pictures.

Valentine's Day💘

Hannah had been counting down the days to Valentines day since (I think) January 8th.  She noticed that I had a Valentine's Day gift for her as I had wrapped it at the beginning of January.

So when the day arrived, she woke up to this:

Red, heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes!

The she was excited to open up her gifts:


With the left over fabric from the pillowcases I made some hair ties for her too.  I accidentally put the Christmas one upside down.  Oops.

So Hannah went off to school, and then when she got off the bus I surprised her and we had a girl date.  We went to the salon for haircuts.  Well, more like trims.

After our hair cuts, I headed to the church to finish setting up for New Beginnings.



New Beginnings

On Valentine's Day the Young Women had our annual New Beginnings.  This is a night where we welcome the incoming Beehives (12 year olds), and talk about the Young Women program of the church.

The theme for the night was "Inside Out" from the Pixar Disney movie.  Honestly, this was one of the funnest themes we had.

Some of the girls dressed up like the characters (I dressed up as Disgust).

The young men gave each of the young women roses during New Beginnings.  It was really sweet.

Our presidency usually likes to get gifts for the girls.  We got them these infinity scarves with hearts on them.  We hoped that when they feel any of the emotions (joy, sadness, anger, disgust, and fear) that they will feel the Savior's love, as if it were someone wrapping a scarf around them.


Odds and Ends

One of the activities the young women planned this month was a Fear Factor.  I was so proud of the girls.  They each carried out their assignments, and it really came together for them.  They had an ice bucket challenge, three food activities (one involved baby food, one involved eating either pudding or mayo disguised as pudding, and the other food was eating a cooked duck egg😬😯).

Unfortunately, I was too busy moving around the activity that I didn't take any pictures.  Someone did take a one.  It's not much...but it's all I got.

One of my laurels made this torch.  Whoever won the activity got to take this home.

We had the missionaries over for dinner.  Hannah always enjoys having them over.

Hannah went to a birthday party, and found a Mine Craft costume.  (And yes, we know the mask is on upside down, but she didn't).

Hannah has been really wanting to do a science experiment that involves making slime.  She and Daddy attempted, but it didn't turn out too great. 

Hannah and Daddy had a Daddy-Daughter date.  They went clothes shopping, and Hannah wanted Daddy to try on a bow tie.

Y'all.  It's February.  And this is the kind of weather we are having!

Isn't that awesome?!  Just out of curiosity, I looked at what the weather was like in Pennsylvania.  After I looked, I was so glad I no longer lived there.

We had our annual ward conference this year.  During the last hour the young men and women combined.  When ever the youth get together, they will almost always sit apart from each other.  They do mingle and mix at activities, but when it comes to choosing any kind of seats (in a car or in a building), they almost always separate.😂

I was one my way home from work one day, when I got a call from the school.  It was the nurses office.  They told me that Hannah had a fever.😕So we came home, got into some nice warm jammies, got a blanket and the i-pad, and got comfortable.  Poor little thing.

That was our frenzied month.  We are looking forward to Spring Break!

Infinity scarf picture courtesy from Etsy.com

1 comment:

Rachel Culmer said...

So fun. I love reading your blog Rachel.

I sometimes post on Facebook, but I'm way overdue. Think my last post was Ben's baby announcement!

Regards,

Jen