Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pella, IA

The annual Tulip Festival in Pella, Iowa was May 6th-9th and I tagged along with some friends to go see the world famous windmill and flowers. Pella was founded in 1847 by Dutch immigrants. Nathan has been itching to go since we moved here because of his dutch connection he has from serving his mission in the Netherlands. But he didn't get to go due to being tied down with writing papers for the end of the semester.

Here are some pictures of the famous windmill, their gorgeous tulips, and one with me in some large wooden shoes.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you came with us. Bummed that Nathan didn't. It was fun.

Amy said...

Beautiful. I love the picture of you in the shoes!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

One of my favorite professors grew up in Pella, and after hearing him talk about it I'm kind of curious to see what it's like.