I spent most of my time in lectures, but I did manage to get out and see what Boston had to offer. We were not lucky with our flights (we had to de-board the plane 2/4 times in our entire trip)...but we made it nonetheless. There were lots of firsts for me on this trip: first time I have ever have had to de-board a plane, first time in a subway, and also a taxi cab. I'm from Orange County, CA...what can I say?
Our first night there, we went out to an Irish Pub for dinner. The restaurant was rather loud, but the food was FABULOUS! Thanks to my co-workers, I am discovering that bar food is very yummy...though I really don't prefer the atmosphere. After dinner, the girls wanted to go get a drink at Cheers. I tagged along because I didn't want to be walking alone in downtown Boston all by myself. At least I can now say that I have been to Cheers!
One touristy thing we were able to do was a Duck Tour. These are really fun. You take a tour throughout Boston (on land and in the Charles River) on ducks (a WW II style amphibious landing vehicle). The tour guides tell you about Boston's history in an educated and humorous way. Our ducks name was "Penelope Pru" and was hot pink! We stuck out like a sore thumb but at least we had fun.

We really wanted to go see a Red Sox game but they were out of town playing the Devil Rays. So next trip I'll go see Fenway Park. All in all...it was fun and I'm glad we went.
7 comments:
Fun! I want to ride on a duck!
Sounds like fun!
I rode a duck in Wisconsin once and at one spot there was some chicken wire as a barrier between the trail and a little cliff and our tour guide said "if it can keep out a chicken it can keep out a duck!"
Glad you had a lot of fun
Sounds like a good experience. Every time I travel on business they book our schedule from 7 AM to 8 PM with no real time for site seeing the area. That makes the trip more enjoyable.
That sounds awesome! I'm jealous. Maybe I'll get to Boston one of these days. I'm glad you had fun and that you still came back to little ol' Iowa City. :)
I've been to Boston once and it was incredible. I don't know if I could live there, but I really like to visit! Did you eat at the famous seafood place? it's called like Legal Seafood (I might be murdering the name...) or something like that? it's the most famous seafood restraunt in boston, and it's GREAT!
Looks like fun. I would love to go there some day because I have a lot of family history there.
Never been to Boston, but it looks fun and I had no idea that Cheers from the tv show was a real place
Post a Comment