Rachel's birthday was on the 11th of this month so we went out to dinner on Friday night to celebrate. We went to a restaurant in Cedar Rapids called Granite City. They had yummy food and it was nice to spend some time alone with each other. It's hard to be able to do that with Nathan working so hard in school.
On Saturday (Rachel's birthday), we went to a church primary activity, came home and dyed Easter eggs. This is the first time we have ever dyed eggs in the 4 1/2 years we've been married. It was lots of fun. Nathan's eggs are the blue and green ones (the manly colors).
On Saturday (Rachel's birthday), we went to a church primary activity, came home and dyed Easter eggs. This is the first time we have ever dyed eggs in the 4 1/2 years we've been married. It was lots of fun. Nathan's eggs are the blue and green ones (the manly colors). 
After we dyed the eggs, Rachel opened her present from Nathan which was a food processor. Now she doesn't have to use a cheese grater to shred anything anymore! YEAH!
Later that night we attended the adult session of stake conference. The talks that were given had messages that we both needed to hear. They were uplifting and encouraging, and the broadcast the next day from Salt Lake was also wonderful. Elder Snow from the Presidency of the Seventy spoke, along with Sister Lifferth from the Primary General Presidency, Elder Dallin H. Oaks from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and our Prophet President Thomas S. Monson. We are so blessed to live in this day in age. Sometimes we wonder where we would be without the church.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday! You both look great! I am glad that you enjoyed Easter. Good job on the eggs.
Happy Birthday Rachel!
Happy Bday Rachel! I didn't even know! I love granite city, they have the best fries with that ummy dipping sauce...it's sooo good.
Hope you had a happy birthday. The picture of you two is so cute. How's the food processor??
Happy Birthday Rachel!! I'm glad you had a great day.
I am so sad that I didn't think about you living in Iowa!!! We had some down time in Nauvoo because of how early everything closes there and because Jason wasn't feeling well. We could have worked it out to see you. I am so terribly sad! We stopped by to see Aunt Lisa and she was so glad because no one comes to see them. I am sure you feel the same way living where you live! I am so sorry.
Rachel, I meant to tell you also how sad I was to hear about the passing of your Aunt.
Happy Birthday, Rachel! Cuisinarts rock.
Post a Comment