As I was leaving a church meeting last Thursday evening I reached into my purse to grab my keys and saw this:
My sunglasses split in two. I was so DEVASTATED! These sunglasses were a wedding gift that I had received 5+ years ago and they finally gave up the ghost. My heart was so broken. I have worn these almost every day of my life since I've been married. They have served my eyes extremely well and have accompanied me on many occasions--all over California, to Utah (multiple times), the move out to Iowa, all over the state of Iowa, to Chicago, to many baseball games, to about a half a dozen zoos, to St. Louis, to help with the 2008 flood, to multiple church history sites, to a couple church girls camps, to work, to Boston, to Washington D.C., etc etc...
So this last weekend Nathan and I went to the mall on a mission--to find me a new pair of sunglasses. Luckily, the mission was accomplished quickly and I found a new pair. I just hope that they can provide as much use as the old ones.
Check out the new shades:
Farewell old sunglasses...you will be missed. :(
3 comments:
I like the new shades! I'm sorry about your old ones breaking. It's hard to let go of something that has so much sentimental value!
I hate it when that happens :) I usually have to get a new pair every year. They look great!
It's fun to get new sunglasses, as long as they last 5+ years:) They look good. I'm jealous of all the leaves on the tree behind you.
Post a Comment