Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rachel's birthday

This post is a few weeks overdue. It has been one CRAZY month. I have had lots of things going on with church callings, and hosting two baby showers within 30 days. Let's just say I am exhausted and really need a vacation.

My birthday was a couple weeks ago. This year was pretty low key which was nice considering my crazy schedule for the month. We went out to dinner, ate some brownies (made by Nathan), and then enjoyed my new gifts.

Gift #1--a shepherd's hook.

Last year someone stole our shepherd's hook so I needed to get another one for my bird feeder. One of my favorite things to do in the spring and summer time is to watch the Iowa finches come and eat (picture here) . They are gorgeous birds. Besides, it provides some entertainment for Kronk.

Gift #2--A painting that I had framed--FINALLY. Now we just need to hang it up which I think will take a while because Nathan and I cannot agree on where to hang it.
This painting has a significant amount of family history in my family and I've been wanting it framed for years! There is a LONG story associated with this painting, but the main reason why it has so much history for my family is because my Granddaddy posed for the artist.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

First of all, Rachel, you are so pretty!
Second of all, Happy Birthday!
Third of all, that is a great painting.
You rock.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I think almost ALL the grandchildren have the picture framed. It's my favorite piece of art in my home!

Erin said...

Sorry I missed your big day. Hope it was great!

Jennifer said...

Happy belated b-day! Nathan made something chocolate AND ate it with you? What a birthday!

Angela and Enrique said...

Hey Happy Birthday Rachel!! Hope you had a great day!

Kristi said...

Happy late b-day. Looks like the shepherds hook was the prize gift:) Hope you had a great one.

Bonnie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am glad you got the picture of Granddaddy framed! It looks good! I have my up in my living room. Love you!