This weekend is General Conference. I LOVE General Conference because not only do we get to hear from living prophets and apostles, but we get to listen to beautiful music sung by angelic choirs.As many of you know from a former post I did 6 months ago, I like to guess which songs will be sung during the conference weekend (I know...I'm a total nerd!). In the October 2009 conference I did not do as well as I normally do--but I'm planning on making a comeback this time! I guess we'll see how I do.
Here are my rules:
*Pick about 30 songs (hymns or other musical arrangements).
*If those songs are sung during any session of conference (including Music and the Spoken Word) then I get to check them off my list.
Here is my list for the 180th Annual General Conference--April 2010:
1. #1 The Morning Breaks
2. #3 Now Let Us Rejoice
3. #5 High On A Mountain Top
4. #6 Redeemer of Israel
5. #19 We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet
6. #23 We Ever Pray for Thee
7. #26 Joseph Smith's First Prayer
8. #27 Praise to the Man
9. #58 Come, Ye Children of the Lord
10. #66 Rejoice the Lord is King
11. #83 Guide Us, O Thou Great Jehovah
12. #85 How Firm a Foundation
13. #92 For the Beauty of the Earth
14. #116 Come Follow Me
15. #129 Where Can I Turn for Peace
16. #134 I Believe in Christ
17. #135 My Redeemer Lives
18. #136 I Know That My Redeemer Lives
19. #141 Jesus The Very Thought of Thee
20. #156 Sing We Now at Parting
21. #198 That Easter Morn
22. #199 He Is Risen!
23. #237 Do What is Right
24. #249 Called to Serve
25. #254 As Zion's Youth in Latter Days
26. #301 I Am a Child of God
27. #319 Ye Elders of Israel
28. #323 Rise Up, O Men of God
29. Beautiful Savior
30. Consider the Lillies of the Field
By the way--I took this picture of the Salt Lake Temple 3 years ago. Nathan didn't believe me at first. Isn't it a neat picture?
3 comments:
That really is a neat picture! I love it!
I was hoping you would try to guess the songs again! I love the beautiful picture!
I love Conference time, too.
And though I love and sustain President Monson, it still seems strange not to see President Hinckley at the pulpit.
Post a Comment