Friday, October 2, 2009

Hymns for Conference


Alright everyone...my list is in.


Some of you may not know this, but every general conference I like to try and guess what Hymns are going to be sung. I've been doing this the past 4-5 years and I have to admit...I'm getting pretty good. My "rules" are:

*Pick about 30 songs (hymns or other musical arrangements).
*If those songs are sung during any part of conference (including Music and the Spoken Word) then you get to check them off your list.

So here is my list.

Hymns
1. #1 The Morning Breaks
2. #2 The Spirit of God
3. #3 Now Let Us Rejoice
4. #5 High on the Mountain Top
5. #6 Redeemer of Israel
6. #19 We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet
7. #24 God Bless Our Prophet Dear
8. #26 Joseph Smith's First Prayer
9. #27 Praise to the Man
10. #66 Rejoice, the Lord is King!
11. #67 Glory to God on High
12. #83 Guide Us, O Thou Great Jehovah
13. #85 How Firm a Foundation
14. #113 Our Savior's Love
15. #124 Be Still, My Soul
16. #129 Where Can I Turn For Peace
17. #131 More Holiness Give Me
18. #134 I Believe in Christ
19. #140 Did You Think to Pray?
20. #152 God Be with You Till We Meet Again
21. #223 Have I Done Any Good?
22. #239 Choose the Right
23. #249 Called to Serve
24. #256 As Zion's Youth in Latter Days
25. #259 Hope of Israel
26. #284 If You Could Hie to Kolob
27. #300 Families Can Be Together Forever
28. #319 Ye Elders of Israel

Other Musical Arrangements
1. Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
2. Beautiful Savior


I'll keep you posted with how I do. Until then...happy Conference.

3 comments:

Jared & Tristan said...

Fun! It's like your version of a bracket for March Madness :)

Rachel said...

Ohhh! You listed all my fave hymns so I hope your right. "High on the Mountain top" and "Redeemer of Israel"...so they get two votes.

Bonnie said...

Watching first session...so far two are right! "Rejoice the Lord is King" (one of Granddaddy's favorites), and "Choose the Right". You are good!