Three years ago today, my mom called me at work and informed me that one of my high school/college friends had just died in a motorcycle accident that morning. My reaction: complete shock and numbness throughout my body. Tears could not be suppressed and my heart was broken when I thought about his parents. It's not normal to loose a son at the age of 26.As the day passed I became desperate for information. I started to browse the web but my results were limited as the accident had not happened that long ago. I did manage to stumble across a brief article from the Orange County Register which I saved to my personal files. Below is the article I found:
"Motorcycle fatality backs up 91 Freeway this morning
SigAlert shuts down all westbound lanes except carpool at State College
Blvd.
"Motorcycle fatality backs up 91 Freeway this morning
SigAlert shuts down all westbound lanes except carpool at State College
Blvd.
BY SPENCER KALLICK
The Orange County Register
Preliminary investigations report that the victim fell from the motorcycle and was hit by the big rig at about
All lanes on the westbound freeway except the carpool lane were closed, backing traffic to
FREEWAY FATAL: Troy Kewiliian, tow-truck driver for Arches towing, pours absorbent material on oil spilled from a motorcycle this morning during a fatal accident on the westbound Riverside (91) Freeway."
It was a very tragic and unexpected death. It's been 3 years and I still think about Scott regularly. He will forever be missed.To all of Scott's family: my thoughts and prayers are always with you.
4 comments:
I still remember reading that article for the first time. So sad. There isn't a day that goes by that i don't think about Scott. Miss him forever. Thanks for the post Rach. Scott meant a lot to us all.
I remember hearing about the accident from Emily. I am sorry for your loss. He was so young!
Scott was an true Sorenson friend! I'll never forget him coming over to the house all the time and the fun you girls had with him! We miss you, Scott.
Wow I had no idea. Thank you for this Blog/tribute to him. I remember Scott from institute. He was always such a happy guy.
Post a Comment