Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Why did the turtle cross the road?

Honestly...I couldn't tell ya!
This last Saturday, Nathan was on his way home from cleaning the church and then I get this phone call. It went something like this:

N: "Hi Honey! You are not going to believe what I just found on the road!"
R: "What?"
N: "A BIG turtle."
R: "Seriously...a turtle?"

So he swung by, picked me up, and drove me down the street to show me that there was indeed a big turtle in the middle of the street. Apparently, it was a snapping turtle. And let me tell ya...it was a really mean, hissing snapping turtle!

Don't worry though...the turtle is safe and back in its pond.

4 comments:

Amy said...

How amazing! That is a big turtle!

Erin said...

Look at that tail!

Jennifer said...

That thing is massive. I didn't even know that Iowa had turtles. He definitely looks like a mean one!

Katie Schultz said...

Random, I have never heard of this happening. While I was reading, I was thinking- I want it! then I got to the part about mean and snapping turtle and thought- Yah nevermind