Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mom's visit Part I

For the past 10 days my mom has been visiting us here in Iowa. We have been VERY busy which means there is a lot to post. So I'll get right to it.

One of the first days she was here I took her to see Old Capitol. The capital of Iowa used to be in Iowa City, but was later moved to Des Moines where the current capital is. The old capitol building is still standing and is at the heart of the University of Iowa's campus.
One of my mom's favorite features was the reverse spiral staircase in the rotunda. These type of staircases are very rare.
My mom and I also went to a Kernels game. As many of you know, my mom is a devoted Angel's fan and since the Kernels are a minor league baseball team and affiliate of the Angels...she had to go. So we went to a game and we had a really good time.

More posts to come...I promise.

3 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

What fun. I like your shirt in the first pic. ;)

Jill Walker said...

Love the staircase!

Lisa said...

you look a lot like your mom! It looks like she is having fun! a trip to Iowa City isn't a trip unless you go to Wig and Pen (aka: the best pizza in town)It's great to see you having fun!