Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

This year we did pretty much nothing for the 4th of July--which was fine with us. Our lives have been so crazy and busy with work/life that we appreciated the down time. We went to church, took naps, talked with our parents on the phone, and did not get to see any fireworks because it just started pouring rain here in Iowa City (it's 8:00 pm).

The one thing that I was determined to do this year was to take a photo in front of a corn field in our Old Navy shirts. Ever since Nathan and I were engaged we have always purchased matching flag shirts from Old Navy to wear on Independence Day. Some people may say it's corny and cheesy, but I think it is a fun and cheap tradition.

7 comments:

Being Breta said...

As long as you both shall live, you will NEVER forget the Iowa cornfields, so what a great way to commemorate the 4th of July, your tradition of the O.N. t-shirts, and get a picture of a cornfield in one fell swoop! Fun!

Dave and Abby said...

The picture in the t-shirts in the cornfield is not cheesy at all, but most definitely "corn"y. Da-dum-tsssss.
Dave

Rachel said...

is that baby culmer I see making an appearance as well?! No...but I like to pretend you look pregnant. you lucky.

Anonymous said...

I like the matching shirts!

Tawnya said...

I think it is a cute tradition! I love it!

Jill Walker said...

Love the shirts and love the tradition!

Congrats on expecting a new one!!! I am sooooo excited for you! And yes, I am finally back!

Jared & Tristan said...

Guy and Max have those same shirts too :)