Monday, June 25, 2012

Here comes goodbye

Our days in Iowa are winding down and it is sinking in more and more each day.  Just before bed last night I actually shed a few tears with some of the goodbyes we said yesterday.

This evening was spent in the company of friends--good friends.  We all started our Iowa experience with no children, and within the last 3 years there have been 4 kids added to this group.  And they are all girls too.  Such fun.

We had a BBQ dinner at a local park.  Hannah, despite getting a few boo-boos in the process, had a blast with the swings and the slides.

Here are the three blond girls.


Brookie and I were visiting teaching companions for the last 2 years.  I have been so blessed with visiting teaching companions here in Iowa, and I have loved serving with all of them!


These two guys are the best!  Lael and Dave were our home teachers for the last 4 years.  In fact, Dave (on the right) was our home teacher for the entire time we lived here in Iowa!  All I will say is that our next home teachers assigned to us will have VERY large shoes to fill.  Thank you Dave and Lael for your services these last few years.  We will never forget you.

We will greatly miss our friends.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Good luck on your new adventure. Your daughter is adorable by the way!

wendy said...

That picture of the three girls is SO cute. They're all so blonde! I wish you guys could stay in Iowa forever. My next visiting teachers have big shoes to fill too. :)

Erin said...

Sad! It probably wont hit me for awhile that you guys are gone but it will be weird! It feels like everyone is growing up and moving on.

Jill Walker said...

You will always hold Iowa in a special place in your heart. Good luck on the new adventures that await you.