Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Flushed with glee


Today I was journaling in our home office on Nathan's computer.  Hannah was playing by herself nicely and I could hear her go back and forth from her bedroom to the bathroom.  She often likes to do this.  She will also go into the bathroom and open and close the linen closet.  It's kind of cute because you'll hear her say "Bye.  Bye.  Bye..." as she is closing herself into the linen closet.  She is so silly.

Anyways, back to the story.  As I could hear her go in and out of the bathroom and her bedroom I just kept typing away.  This side of the house is very child proof so I know she can't get into anything too messy.  Then came the silence.  Hmm...what is she doing?  I decided that this silence was probably stemming from her reading a book in her room, which is often the case.

Then all of a sudden I hear it.  WHOOSH!  It was the flushing of the toilet.

Uh oh!  What did she just flush?  I instantly backed away from the computer, ran out of the office and into the bathroom thinking "Great...what toy did she just flush down the toilet?"  As I am running in, Hannah is running out with an ENORMOUS smile and a very gleeful laugh.  She was so proud of what she did.  I couldn't help but laugh.  After inspecting the situation, she didn't flush anything down the toilet (yet) as the lid was still closed.  Apparently she just discovered the handle and the magic involved with pushing it.

I guess the journey of Hannah and the toilet has officially begun.

4 comments:

Rachel Culmer said...

"What a great little girl you have there. I'm glad you are writing these events down, you are so wise to do so. Have a great day. Love Dad and grandpa."

Being Breta said...

"And so it begins!" Cute outfit, Hannah!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

A few years ago, I couldn't figure out why our toilet seemed semi-clogged until the plumber extracted a hairbrush Joy had flushed.

Jared & Tristan said...

What a cute girl!
I think the addition of the word "yet" was a very important one :)