Monday, November 12, 2012

Caterpillar


When the weather was nice a warm a few weeks ago, Hannah and I went on several walks in our neighborhood.  One day we found a fuzzy black caterpillar.  For about 30 minutes we watched this caterpillar move from the middle of the road to the grass in our neighbors yard.  She was totally engrossed with it.

Needless to say, The Very Hungry Caterpillar has become Hannah's new favorite book.  She'll bring the book to us to read with her, and when we open the book she points to the caterpillar on every single page.  When she fines the little critter, she says "capriar" and does the sign for it too (which is really cute by the way).

The Very Hungry Caterpillar picture courtesy of wikipedia.com

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

That is quite the fuzzy caterpillar. I don't know that I would go so far as to say cute, but fuzzy! :)

wendy said...

wow. thirty minutes?? That's got to be a record for caterpillar watching. I love that kids are easily entertained (most the time.) :)