Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April

It was another crazy month, as always.  Our lives only seem to speed up.  I'm told by those older than me that life never slows down, and I am starting to believe them.

We watched general conference at the beginning of the month, and it was great! Nathan and I took many questions and concerns that were weighing on our mind, and we got answers to many of them. We also did our song pool for the choir, and we both guessed 10 songs out of 30.  Not very good, but we have had worse.

I had a birthday.  It was actually a really nice birthday because it was very laid back.  All I wanted was some homemade spaghetti sauce and some raspberries, which I got.  Nathan surprised me with a Penn State sweater (he returned a sweater he won at a raffle and exchanged it for this one -- such a thoughtful husband).

We also bought the movie Toy Story and watched it as a family.  Hannah enjoyed it and it was fun to watch her.  Part way through the film Hannah had us pause the movie, and so we did (though not knowing exactly why).  Once it was paused, Hannah ran into her room and then came running back with her Mr. Potato head.  It was really funny.  And for some reason Hannah really wanted to watch it in the pack-n-play.  Not quite sure why, but we granted her request.

Part of the month of April was spent with Hannah being sick -- really sick.  She had a terrible sore throat and a fever for several days (no, it was not strep).  There were many nights that Hannah got up multiple times, and her naps were very inconsistent.  She came in one morning to our room saying "my mouth hurts."  Poor thing.  I managed to snap this shot of her when she was sleeping.

With spring underway I decided it was time to do some spring cleaning.  Nathan and Hannah helped as well by vacuuming.  Having a clean house is one of my most favorite things (is that weird?).

Another event that happened this month was I hosted a birthday party for one of the young women I work with.  We don't get to see her as often as we'd like, so this event was a great success.  I decided to use my spring decor to help decorate, and I also made a few other decor items with our left over card stock from last months New Beginnings.

The day before Easter we went to a friends house for an Easter egg hunt out in the country. There were many families from church there so it was very crowded.  I was told that there were 700 eggs laid out on their large property.  700 eggs -- oh my!  Unfortunately, we got there about 45 minutes late so most of the eggs were gone, which Nathan and I were ok with.  She was much more entertained with meeting the new baby chicks that were at this family's house.

On Easter, we went to church and it was fantastic.  All the talks focused on the Savior and His resurrection!  They were very uplifting, and the spirit was very strong in our meetings.  I had to get a picture of Hannah in her Easter dress (thanks Mom!).

After church and naps were over, we went to our neighbors house for another egg hunt, and Hannah enjoyed that.  She's catching on with these fun holidays.  Later, we had two families over for dinner, and it was really tasty.

Each spring our stake hosts a Women's Conference, and I was asked to present at one of the workshops.  My topic was "How to give great talks in Sacrament meeting."  I found out about this at the end of January, and so I have spent 3 months preparing for my presentation.  Honestly, it rocked!  I took a snapshot at the end of my presentation of my audience.  Unfortunately, there are about 20 people missing from this photo (they were sitting in the pews off to the side).

We've been working on cleaning and re-organizing our spare room (photos to come probably next month.  It's not quite done yet).  We're trying to make it more of a guest room.  With that in mind, we went to go look at beds, and to our surprise, we ended up buying ourselves a new bed -- king sized! Our Sam's club is under renovation right now, and so they are trying to get rid of many large items that take up space.  We noticed this brand new king sized bed off to the side that was 50% off.  It was an offer we couldn't refuse -- $390!  I'd take a picture, but our room is still in transition of putting the new bed in and taking the old one out, so it's not very pretty.  I'll post a photo when everything is in it's proper place.

1 comment:

Camber said...

Hannah's Easter dress is adorable! Her sickness sounds so sad--I hate it when kids are sick. Especially when they're yours. The birthday party decorations are adorable, as always. You're amazing.