Thursday, March 27, 2014

The madness of March

March 2014 was just as crazy as last years.  But before I write about this March, maybe I should finish wrapping up last month's stuff.

February
Every once in a while I will come into Hannah's room and find this:

She will lay her baby dolls down in her bed, cover them with "blankets" (burp cloths from when she was a baby), and then she will put a "sci" (code for pacifier) on the babies.  It's so cute to see that she is developing a nurturing/motherly trait at such a young age.  By the way, Hannah no longer uses pacifiers and hasn't for a very long time.  We cut off the silicone part almost two years ago, but she just liked to have them rest on her chest when she went would go to sleep. We officially threw all the pacifiers away a few months ago.

Penn State has an annual event called THON.  It's a three day dance marathon and it takes place every February in the Bryce Jordan Center (basketball arena).  It is a HUGE money raising event to help combat pediatric cancer.  Nathan took Hannah for a little bit last year, but I couldn't go as I was on a temple trip with the youth that weekend.  Well this year I was able to go and see what it is all about.  It was fun to watch, and I found myself wishing I attended an event like this when I was in college.  I could have easily danced for 3 days.

March
Hannah has started going potty more and more these days.  She is not fully potty trained yet, but we are getting there.  At the beginning of the month Hannah said that she needed to go potty.  So we took her into the bathroom, had her sit on the little potty, and then this enormous smile came on her face as she said "I went pee-pees!"  Not fully believing her (she didn't have a good track record before this), we looked in the potty and sure enough, there was a tiny amount of pee in her little potty.  Such a milestone for Hannah.  We praised her and made such a big deal out of it, and since then she has been going potty more to get "big candy corns."

Hannah decided to dress herself one day by picking out what she was going to wear: white shirt, denim colored pants, pink socks, and her summer black jumper.

Due to Nathan's church calling, he is usually visiting other units in our stake 2 of the 4 Sunday's every month.  One Sunday that Nathan was gone, Hannah and I walked into our chapel and it was very crowded, so we went up to the first row and sat with one of Hannah's favorite people/families in the world.  She found some Cheerios stashed in one of the purses, decided to shove her mouth full of them, and then she shared the remaining with the other family members sitting on the bench.

Kronk has been really wanting loves these last few weeks, and he will find any opportunity he can get to snuggle on my lap.

The Young Women had our New Beginnings event.  Our theme was "Oh the Places You'll Go," and it turned out really cute.  I loved our sock gift favors.  I can't take credit for the banner themed idea and fun arrows, nor for the first two stanzas of the sock poem (I came up with the last stanza).  I got the idea and print outs all from this woman's blog.  Bless her for putting everything into pdfs).

And whenever I get a chance I like to take snapshots of Hannah sleeping.  She is such a light sleeper that I don't get these very often.

I took some of Hannah's birthday and Christmas money and she bought the movie Frozen.  We made a movie night of it with the 3 of us.  I honestly thought she'd be more into it, but after two-thirds of the way through she was done with the movie.  I think she was tired and not feeling very good because she wanted to be held/snuggled (not something Hannah does), and went down for bed at 7:15 pm.  Since then though, she has watched it several times.  She likes to look at the "big snowman" (the big scary one that looks like a marshmallow -- not a typical reaction you'd expect from a child).

And lastly, Hannah loves to go home teaching with Nathan, and with Kellen (Nathan's home teaching companion).  Hannah gets so sad when she can't go with him.  Well tonight, Nathan was scheduled to go home teach one of his 3 families, and so he took Hannah with him.  She was very excited to go as she got to wear her "rainbow dress."  It looks cuter without the tights, but it's still too cold to not wear them.

3 comments:

Rachel Culmer said...

Jennifer C said: "I love the photos of Hannah's baby dolls!! So sweet!!"

Camber said...

Rachel, seriously, your young women's stuff is incredible. I don't care where you got the idea--the execution is magnificent. Also, that picture of Hannah's dolls is adorable :)

Tawnya said...

I can't believe how big she is! But she is the cutest thing ever!