Monday, June 30, 2014

June: calling changes, sick, sleep deprived, girls camp, monkeys, and stickers

Lots happened this month.  Lots.

Nathan and I were able to have a day date at the beginning of the month.  It was fun and nice to be together, and to eat Chipotles -- yum!

I got released from my Young Women calling (sniff, sniff) and got moved to the Relief Society.  I wasn't too thrown off by my release.  I had received some promptings the last few months that a release was coming.  However, the Young Women did not see this coming and it was tough blow for some of the girls. They have become some great friends and I will terribly miss working with them!

To soften the blow for the girls I made some treats on my last day, wrote each girl a personal card, and then topped it off by still attending girls camp.  In the course of 2 days at girls camp, I got 4 hours of sleep.  It was too fun so we didn't sleep much.

Of course, you have to play the cup game at girls camp.

My first night there we toilet papered on of the priesthood leaders cars.  This was his first year at camp so we wanted to give him a proper welcome.  Brother W loved it and said he felt loved (such a good sport).

We had a Park Ranger come and teach the girls about PA wildlife.  This Park Ranger was hilarious and the girls just loved her!

This just cracked me up!

I taught the girls Nertz last year, and they are continuing the tradition!

And, this is our camp shot of everyone that went in our ward (we were missing 3 young women).

The last night there, we spent the majority of the time in the lodge dancing around, playing games, and painting nails.  I spent the majority of my time dancing with the girls (I'm the one in the green shirt).  The different colored shirts represented the "level" of each person.  Yellow shirts were the younger girls, the purple shirts were the youth camp leaders (the 16-18 year old), and the green shirts were the adult leaders.  Notice I'm the only leader dancing.  This was one of the reasons why the young women were so sad that I was released.  I always dance with them and they love it (as do I).  I guess I'm still a kid at heart.

At the beginning of the month Hannah got sick with pink eye and an ear infection.  Not fun at all. There were 4 nights in a row where none of us got any more than 2 consecutive hours of sleep.  As soon as Hannah was no longer contagious, we went outside for a walk with her new (used) wagon that we got for $10.  All Hannah wants to do is pull it with stuff inside (she doesn't like to ride in it).  One of the days she ended up stumbling and taking a fall that gave her a fat upper lip.  It was sad, but all she wanted to do to make it feel better was to get a band aid on her lip.  So, we obliged.

We all had dental appointments this month (all cavity free), and Hannah enjoyed it very much.  She likes the sunglasses they let her wear, and she also likes choosing a new toothbrush.

Kronk found a new cubby to hang out in when I'm working on the computer.  I've been doing a lot of that lately with my new calling (secretary stuff).

Nathan and I went on a double date to a Spikes game (local minor league baseball team).  It was a lot of fun! In some ways it was better than a pro-baseball game.

They had a Cowboy Monkey Rodeo during several middle of the innings that was more than entertaining to watch.

One last thing: Hannah only gets to play with stickers at church (she can't run loose with them in Sacrament meeting which means we can supervise where she puts the stickers).  Hannah knows she cannot put them on furniture or hymnals, so she uses her designated sticker book.  I guess she got board with the book and started to enjoy putting the stickers on herself, and then us (you can't see in the photo below, but she even put stickers on our arms, hands, and the back on Nathan's neck).


That's our June!

Cowboy monkey rodeo pictures courtesy of www.russionmachineeverbreaks.com

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I got released recently from Young Women's, too. It was so sad! Now I'm the ward choir director, it's definitely new!