Monday, May 26, 2014

Last day -- May 17, 2014

Today was my parents last day visiting.  Sniff.  Sniff.  It didn't really sink in until a few hours before they left, and boy oh boy, did it start to sink in as the morning progressed into the afternoon.

My Mom wanted to do a family picture together, so most of our morning was getting all glammed up for our photo shoot.  Not to mention, my parents had to finish packing their suitcases, and needed to pick up their rental car so they could drive themselves to the airport.  Despite doing a bunch of prep work, it was somewhat relaxing just staying at the house for the entire morning and not rushing off to go see something.

Here is our family photo shot that was taken on our back deck.  I think it turned out really nice, and I am very pleased with how well Hannah cooperated for the photo.  There must have been divine intervention on that because she never cooperates that well for group photos.

As the afternoon came and lunch was over with, my parents packed up their luggage in their rental car, and we all said our goodbyes.  It's hard living so far away from family.  Naturally, my Mom and I were crying and Hannah kept saying "it's ok," or "why are you sad?," or "do you need some medicine?"  I knew she wouldn't understand that my parents were leaving and wouldn't be coming back for a long time, but I had a hunch she'd wonder where Grandma and Grandpa were after nap time (which she did).

We stayed outside and watched them drive down the street.

After my parents left, Nathan suggested we go on a walk to help rejuvenate our spirits.  It helped some. Upon returning home I put on my warm fuzzy pajamas that my mom gave me for Christmas, and I put Hannah down for a nap.  It was sweet holding and rocking my child to sleep, and I couldn't help but think that in 20+ years I will be the Grandma leaving the house and saying goodbye to my daughter, and most likely crying during that process.  I am starting to understand the of the circle of life more and more since being a parent.

1 comment:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Sigh. We wish you guys lived closer, too. Glad you had a fun visit with your parents, though.

P.S. My kids don't cooperate for photos, either. I should probably pray for help the next time we attempt a portrait.