We got up in the morning, ate cereal for breakfast, got dressed in our Sunday clothes, and headed off to church. By this time I was starting to feel a little better, but I had completely lost my voice so I sounded terrible, and kind of like a de-barked dog.
During the 3rd hour of church, our bishop came into young women to take care of some business. One item of business was to give me my Young Women Recognition because I had completed the Personal Progress program a few weeks earlier. Unfortunately, the medallion I was supposed to get was missing from the closet, so I had to order another one. On the right is what the medallion looks like (photo courtesy of thisismyreallife.blogspot.com).
After church (and temple recommend interviews for Nathan and I), we headed home. I put Hannah down for a nap, and then my Mom and I got started on dinner. I wanted to make a turkey/thanksgiving dinner for Mother's Day. My Mom is the master at making turkey dinners, and I wanted her by my side while I attempted my first one in the oven so she could show me her tips and tricks. I've made turkey dinners before in my crock-pot, but never in my oven as it's always been Nathan and I. Making the dinner was actually pretty easy and not bad at all. I think I'm ready to host larger groups for Thanksgiving. Thanks mom for the tutorial and help. I didn't take any pictures of the master piece though. I was too exhausted and tired from traveling and also from being sick that I didn't even think about pictures.
While the dinner was cooking, we made a trip to the park to feed the ducks. The good news: it was a gorgeous and beautiful day outside. The bad news: because it was such a gorgeous day, everyone was at the park and none of the ducks wanted to be fed because they were so full from being fed all day. Despite the full and fat ducks, we enjoyed the park, the weather, the company, and the cute baby ducks swimming around.
Grandpa taught Hannah how to blow dandelion weeds.
Here's a 3 generational shot, on Mother's Day.
After dinner we all re-packed and got ready for the next few days of traveling, and then we went to bed as we were all exhausted.
1 comment:
LaMar said: "Wow!! I'm impressed with what you have to do to get this award. Congratulations to you. It also looks like all of you had a very good time. That little Hanna is not so little anymore. She sure is cute. I'm glad you had a good time with your mom and dad. I love all of you."
Post a Comment