Sunday, May 25, 2014

More of Penn State and the "orange" park -- May 16, 2014

Seeing that Penn State is a big campus and we ran out of time the day before, we had to go back and finish checking out a few other sites that make Penn State famous.  The first site we went to was the Berkey Creamery and got some ice-cream (except Hannah and I didn't have any ice-cream).  Mom and Dad got "Peachy Paterno" while Nathan got a vanilla bean ice-cream. What most people don't know is that this is the largest university creamery in the nation.  And yet again, for some reason I didn't take pictures.  Oh well.

After eating the ice-cream, we went to the Arboretum.  It was a great time to go and see because there were so many flowers in bloom, especially the tulips.

It was also fun to check out some of the wildlife there too, but I could only get shots of the the finches and the robins.  Everything else was too tricky to photograph.

After the Arboretum, we headed back home so Hannah could take her afternoon nap.  We told Hannah that after she got up then we could go to the "orange" park, for which she was thoroughly elated to hear!  This is Hannah's favorite park, and she has been wanting Grandma and Grandpa to take her to the orange park for several months!  Well she finally got her wish, and the first thing Hannah said when she woke up from her nap was "it's time to go to the orange park!"  So we got all packed up and away we went.

Hannah enjoyed her favorite obstacles and climbing around, while Grandpa traversed the mountain wall (typical reaction for a mountain climber).

After the park, we dropped Hannah and my parents off, while Nathan and I went for a quick appointment at our chiropractor.  I was having some back pain so I needed an adjustment, which helped me feel better.  Upon returning from the chiropractor, we made little mini pizzas for dinner, had Family Home Evening, put Hannah to bed, and then Nathan, my Dad, and I played a fun game called A Blast from the Past (Mom was too tired and went to bed).

1 comment:

Rachel Culmer said...

Mary said: "Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!"