More sickness
Nathan was sick off and on during February. I could tell some seasonal depression was hitting me (feeling really unmotivated to do anything). I didn't clean or keep things very organized as much as I normally do. When it's really cold all you do is stay in your jammies and under a blanket -- which is pretty much exactly what I did most of the month.
Unfortunately, Hannah got a really bad stomach bug that lasted several days. She would not stop throwing up one weekend so we took her to the ER because she was dehydrated. It was sad to see her so lifeless and with no energy.
We were so glad to get out of the hospital. We hated it there.
Valentines and parties
Hannah had a huge Valentine's Day party at her preschool, and she got loaded up with all kinds of treats and gifts. She was excited about her Valentine's Day box (that she made at preschool) and clung to it for days. To her, it was like Christmas had come again.
On Valentine's day, Nathan and I decided to have a late dinner after Hannah went down for bed. The week prior to Valentine's day Hannah was sick, and then Nathan went out of town on business for several days so we hadn't had any chance to sit down and talk, just the two of us, no interruptions. As I was making dinner preparations, I realized that eating in our dining room would be really cold (it's surrounded by windows), and that we'd be much warmer to eat in our bedroom with a space heater running. So, in a 15 minute window I did a flight of the bumble bee and quickly set up a candle lit dinner in our bedroom. Honestly, it was one of the best dates we have ever had!
Hannah went to a birthday party at a neighbors house. There was a point in the party where all the girls were upstairs playing ponies and princesses. But then Hannah comes down and says "look at my nails Mommy!" Apparently, one of the older girls had painted her fingernails. Hannah walked around with her hands splayed out for at least an hour because she was afraid that they were not dry. She's becoming more girly every day!
Yucky, bad, horrible, cold, snowy, weather
This is what made February so insufferable: Frigid temperatures. Pennsylvania typically doesn't have winters like this. I think we brought the Iowa weather with us.
And of course, MORE snow came in the month of February. I shoveled so much snow that I had my chiropractor adjust my shoulder. Church got cancelled one day because of a snow storm that came our way. So, we stayed inside that Sunday and did puzzles. That was fun to do.
Hannah did a kitty puzzle, while Nathan and I worked on a National Park puzzle.
Adventurous for Hannah
Hannah finally ventured to try a few new things this month: berries (blackberries, raspberries, blue berries, and strawberries). Before, she wouldn't even touch those fruits. She also tried one of those squeeze/yogurt type drinks. Both were free samples from Sams Club, and she liked them both. She loves getting (most) sample things from Sams Club.
Hannah has also started to dress her self more and more. Sometimes, her outfits are interesting. One morning she came in dressed like this:
You can't really tell, but those are blue pants underneath her skirt. I like how she "coordinated" the colors in her skirt and shirt with her socks.
The other new thing that Hannah experienced this month was a booster seat. With her winter coats on she doesn't quite fit in car seats. So Hannah tested out the booster one day and let's just say she had smiles on her face for a very long time. She is growing so fast!
There was one really great thing I got to do in February: I got to go to the Temple with some friends while Nathan watched Hannah for me. It was so nice to be in the Temple. Loved it!
1 comment:
Hannah seriously gets cuter every time you blog about her! I love her outfit and I'm actually really impressed she did that kitty puzzle. I hope March is a healthier, warmer month for you guys!
Post a Comment