Thursday, April 30, 2015

Welcome April

April was a great month, and we welcomed April into our house with open arms.


General Conference

AWESOME (as usual).

We did our traditional song pool again.  Here were the stats:
Nathan: 35%
Rachel: 42%
At the end of general conference, Nathan said to me "I'm starting to realize that you end up winning the majority of the song pools."

We had the missionaries over for a couple of the conference sessions as well.  Hannah enjoyed the extra company.

On Sunday I had a mild migraine, which made it harder to focus and concentrate.  Ugh.



Easter

Hannah and I dyed Easter eggs in between conference sessions on Saturday.  She enjoyed it so much that when we started eating them the next day she had issues.  She didn't like us eating the "colored eggs."

The Easter bunny made a stop at our house.  Hannah LOVED seeing what was left behind.

Hannah fell in love with her new clothes that the Easter bunny brought.  She put on all of them immediately, along with some of her other clothes, and came out dressed like this (she calls these her "fairy clothes":

It was too cold outside on Easter, so we did an Easter egg hunt indoors.  I think Hannah's favorite part of the hunt is opening up the eggs later and seeing her loot.

Hannah in her Easter dress (thanks Mom!).



Rachel's birthday
It was my birthday this month.  Woo woo!  My birthday present was a day in the basement for me to work on some furniture projects, while Nathan stayed upstairs and worked on his "honey-do list." That was exactly what I wanted and wished for.

I got one of my furniture pieces done in April.  I had a friend give me this nightstand/small dresser back in January.  It's been too cold in my basement to work on things (until my birthday), so I did a quick sanding job and then painted it.

Later that day, we had the missionaries over for dinner and ate some cake!  I had to use one big candle because I didn't have any birthday candles in the house.  Oh well.

Warmer Weather

Spring is finally here.  HOORAY!  It's been so nice going outside for walks, riding bikes, playing in dirt, etc.

We have even made a trip to eat some ice-cream at a local dairy shop.  We brought sprinkles for Hannah to put on her ice-cream.  This kid will do almost anything for sprinkles.



Odds and ends

Hannah wanted to snuggle with Nathan one day when he got home from work.  She fell asleep in the car on the way home and wasn't quite ready to wake up.

We were in church a few weeks ago and Hannah just laid down on my lap during Sacrament meeting. That's never happened before.  Warmer weather + longer days + being outside more = a tired child (no complaints here).

There was a beautiful rainbow just outside our front door a few days ago.  Hannah was excited to see it and asked if "we could ride on it."  I guess Rainbow Brite and the Care Bares make it look fun and easy to do.

I serve as a secretary in the Relief Society for our ward.  Our Relief Society president brought this to me on the 22nd (Secretaries Day).  We had a good laugh about it because I put Secretaries Day in her calendar about 6 months ago.

One day I was so tired from doing all kinds of jobs/tasks, and I was a little chilly too.  I had just finished baking cookies so I opened the oven and just sat there to absorb the warmth (no worries, the oven was off).  Nathan came home and found me just like this:

Pre-school Graduation

Not sure why there was graduation in April, especially since the pre-school kids go to school the whole month of May.  At first, I thought these graduations were pretty silly to have.  But after watching this one I came to the realization that they are more like concerts/recitals for the kids because they sing all the songs they learned, and show the parents many other things they did during the school year.

After the ceremony we had a party in the classroom.  Hannah enjoyed the food, especially the "pancakes."  She keeps calling cupcakes pancakes.



Snowmen in April

Each month, Nathan visits his assigned unit for his calling on the high council.  In April, Hannah and I decided to tag along with Nathan.  We were invited over to eat lunch at a home near Punxsutawney. This couple has a HOUSE-FULL display of snowmen.  Not kidding.  There were snowmen E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E you looked.  Hannah was in heaven.



Purchase of a car
We bought a car!  Long, LONG story behind this one.  I'll post more about that though in May.  In the meantime, Hannah is very excited about the new (to her) "blue car."

2 comments:

Camber said...

The secretary's day thing is awesome! Also, I love Hannah's "fairy clothes". And the calling cupcakes pancakes.

Unknown said...

I haven't been on here for almost 2 years. Glad to see you guys are doing well. We need to get you on Facebook or instagram so we can stay in contact better. -Kim