Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick
Not much happened in August because for the first half of the month I was REALLY sick. Hannah got sick too, but not as bad as mommy. The only good thing that came from being sick was the weather. It was so gorgeous that I could leave our windows open and air out the infected house. Other than that, it was miserable.
Hannah had pink eye, and we got right on it so it wasn't that bad and it thankfully went away quickly. At the beginning of her pink eye Hannah kept forgetting that she couldn't touch her eyes/face, so Nathan made her an eye patch. Yeah, it lasted about 1 hour before it fell off.
As for me, I had this super nasty cold virus that took it's precious time running through my body V.E.R.Y S.L.O.W.L.Y! There was one day I went to bed at 4:00 pm, and woke up at 6:30 am the next day. My body ached, and there were a few days where I couldn't breath at all. Those days I just wanted to cry, but couldn't because then my nose would be stuffed up more. It was a no win situation. I had humidifiers going, took long baths, used lots of Mentholatum, drugs, and tissues of course. For those who invested in Kleenexes -- you're welcome. I just made your stock go up this month.
Here we are all hanging out in bed. We all managed to smile, but I guarantee underneath that smile was a plugged nose, sore throat, achy body, and exhausted mama!
Nathan ended up taking a whole week off of work to help play nurse in our household. There were a few times that I just needed some snuggles and love, so Nathan would come in and oblige me. Of course, when he laid down it would take about 5 minutes before Nathan fell asleep. He was so tired. We would not have survived without him.
Farewell tricycle and stroller
We sold Hannah's tricycle. She's just too big for it so we listed it on Craigslist and it went within a few hours.
She was happy to take it for a last ride.
We also sold Hannah's old stroller (and that too went really fast on Craigslist). We brought it up from the basement and cleaned every inch of that thing, which was not an easy task. Hannah really enjoyed having the stroller in the house because she used it to push her dolls and stuffed animals around in the dining room.
She was sad to see it go, but was happy to take it for one more ride before we sold it. She is not a very good driver, so it went in the grass a lot. I can't believe how big she is. It seems like yesterday she was in it, or even wanting to help push the stroller.
Scooter
Hannah has been such a trooper with all the stuff we have been selling. She's been making sacrifices just as much as we have (sometimes even more). So, we pitched in and helped her buy a scooter with some money she had been saving.
She was so excited to get her pink scooter. She's still a little rusty at it, but getting better each day with practice.
Rugrats Resale
There was a huge local resale this month for kids stuff. I could not believe how much there was. The owners of the resale rent out the roller skating rink and half of the floor is all kids clothing while the other half is all toys, baby accessories, etc.
I volunteered to help with the sale and I was so busy that I forgot to take a picture of the sale floor. But here's the picture on their website. It doesn't do it justice.
I loved this Resale. Not only did we make a nice little chunk of change, I also got all of Hannah's fall/winter clothing for a significantly reduced cost. Her new winter coat, snow pants, AND snow boots cost $14 total! Oh ya!
I also got her a few outfits, and she has been so anxious to wear them (even with it's 80 degrees outside). One morning, she got dressed and came in wearing this. Quite the fashion statement:
B-25 plane
We were driving past the airport here, and we saw this AWESOME plane. I'll admit that Nathan was more excited about it than I was. Hannah kept saying "look at cool that plane!" But since learning about this plane I'm more excited about it now.
This is a B-25 plane, and they were used for the Doolittle Raid. The raid was one of the fastest responses to Pearl Harbor. The Japanese thought that with the US Pacific fleet out of commission, there was no way the USA could even touch Tokyo. WRONG! The Doolittle Raid had little collateral effect, but a big psychological effect because it showed both sides that the USA was a real player and was not down for the count (go us!). They launched 16 of these B-25s off an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Pacific, and they hit Tokyo.
Playing with the infant carrier
We also got rid of Hannah's infant carrier. It expired last year, so we gave it away to someone who wanted it. That didn't stop Hannah from playing with it before we gave it away. She had a lot of fun putting her baby in the carrier.
Cleaning garage, doing yard work
We spent this last weekend cleaning out the garage and doing some yard work. We've got to get rid of all those nasty bugs in the garage before we bring in all the dirt and street crud from the winter.
While daddy worked in the garage, I cleaned the car and did some yard work, and Hannah rode her scooter.
New friends
We had some new neighbors move in last month, and Hannah has enjoyed making new friends. They invited her over to play in the slip n' slide, and she had lots of fun.
We didn't have a swim suit for her (summer's almost over and I didn't want to go buy one), so she enjoyed getting wet in her new clothes.
Hannah wanted me to take a picture of her "going backwards":
And it didn't work very well.
Miscellaneous
Hannah still enjoys playing with stickers at church. We were about halfway through sacrament meeting, and I looked to my left to see what Hannah was up to. She had put stickers all over Nathan's arm. Silly girl.
And one thing that Hannah loves doing is touching with ceiling while on Daddy's shoulders.
Rugrats picture courtesy of rugratsresale.com

4 comments:
Jen C said: "Thanks for the update. I really should do this too. We miss you guys!"
LaMar said: "Loved everything, except the part about you being sick. I'm so glad you are happy and have each other. Hannah's so cute. She has grown a lot too. I really love Nathan's shirt with the stickers. I think I would save that shirt just the way it is forever."
So glad you are feeling better! Ugh that is miserable. I love the stickers on the shirt sleeve and that B25 is so cool! Why is it parked at your airport? I am so impressed that Hannah let you sell so many of her things. I'd have to do things like that in secret! And some sort of bribery!
I'm glad your cold finally went away. And I'm with LaMar and Wendy: the sticker picture is really cute. :)
Post a Comment