Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Birthday Fever

Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday present from Hannah was a fever.  Yep...she had a fever of 101.3 degrees today, poor thing.  So this day has been spent tending to a very needy and clingy baby.  Unfortunately, she has only wanted Nathan to hold her which has been very taxing on him.

We did manage to do a few birthday related things however.  Nathan let me sleep in this morning as I took the first shift last night tending Hannah when she woke up due to her fever.  I woke up around 9:00 am just as Nathan and Hannah were going out the door for a walk.  I ate breakfast all by myself!  It was nice to eat a meal with NO INTERRUPTIONS!  It was awesome.

When Nathan and Hannah returned they came in bearing gifts--a balloon and a candy bar.  I think Hannah enjoyed the balloon more than I did, but I can guarantee that I will enjoy the chocolate more than Hannah cause she won't get any of it!

This was the birthday present that Nathan got me.  It's a really fun necklace.  I ended up wearing it on Easter Sunday (if you want to see it on me look at the post below).

During the day I ended up doing several typical daily chores: laundry, picking up around the house, and doing dishes.  I also talked to a few family members on the phone, and went to the doctor's office for Hannah's fever.  Towards the end of the day Nathan, Hannah and I walked to Dairy Queen and got some yummy blizzards.  Can you tell that Hannah doesn't feel well in this picture?

This dog that I am holding belongs to one of our neighbors.  It is a really tiny dog and her name is Daisy.  She is so cute and so much fun, and Hannah loves to watch her (except for today).  The dog however loves to come over and say hi to me.  I think Daisy can sense my excitement to see her.

Yummy Blizzards!

Here we are walking home.

I love this shot!  So cute.

Thanks to all the birthday wishes from my friends and family members, and many thanks to the those who sent cards with the fun "green gift."  It was especially nice during this challenging day.

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

Happy birthday to you!

Rachel Culmer said...

Hi, Nathan & Rachel, & Hannah! Rachel, Happy Birthday, belatedly, I'm sorry to say, but we love you. It sounds like you had a nice day, in spite of Hannah's not feeling well. Thanks for the email, and I'll call soon. Love, Mom Culmer

HSBahr said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Bummer about Hannah!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Happy birthday! And hurray for Symphony bars!

Hope Hannah feels better soon.