General Conference
Nathan and I did out typical song pool. I got 45%, and Nathan got 30%.
Hannah enjoyed snuggling with us during a few of the talks. But she really enjoyed leading the music when the songs were sung.
Girls camp stuff
So I am on the Stake Camp committee this year which means I get to help plan girls camp! I am not the camp director (thankfully!), but being on the camp committee makes your life pretty busy, especially with camp quickly approaching.
We had the Youth Camp Leaders (YCLs) throughout the stake come up to my house for a sleepover. We did some training, and they helped us plan girls camp as well. It was a lot of fun, and the girls enjoyed themselves too. Hannah especially loved having so many young women over at my house.
We also got to travel down to the camp we will be attending to check it out.
One of the things that our stake has asked the young women in the outlying units to do is to help raise money for girls camp. So our ward had a fundraiser/talent show. I took a couple of snap shots from the audience participation during one of the talents.
We had a great turnout for our activity, and we raised over $1000! Way to go girls!
Other church stuff
Our stake had a women's conference toward the end of the month that was really good. Nathan and Hannah came to help out with the lunch being served later that day.
During the clean up she enjoyed dancing around on the stage.
Ukulele
Back in March, Hannah had saved up enough money to purchase a ukulele. When she met her goal, she gave Nathan and I the money while we ordered it online for her.
Well, it finally came this month and she was SUPER excited!
She has especially enjoyed playing her pink ukulele while Daddy plays his brown ukulele.
Preschool Graduation
Hannah had her preschool graduation. The school always holds the graduation a few weeks before school ends because it's hard scheduling around the "big" students classes/finals, etc.
It was fun to watch her preform her songs that she learned throughout the year. Can't believe that our little one is getting ready to go to Elementary school.
Rugrats resale
Last summer, I participated in a large kids consignment sale and I did it again this year. I cannot believe how much stuff there is out there for kids.
One of the days there is a half price sale: items that are marked with the word "reduce" on the price tag are 50% off. Yep! I shopped for some clothing for Hannah, while Hannah and Daddy shopped for her to buy some things with her money.
- White shirt = $1.50
- Gymboree jeans = $1.00
- Gymboree swimsuit = $2.50
- Children's place green skirt = $3.00
- Lands End Strawberry skirt = $4.00
- Old Navy Brown plaid skirt = $1.50
- OshKosh red shirt = $1.50
- Pajama set = $3.00
Total = $18.00
I also bought her a princess lunch pail for $3 (shh..she doesn't know about that yet. I'm surprising her with that later).
Hannah was so excited for her clothes that she wanted to try them on immediately! She also keeps asking "how many days until my swim lessons?"
As for Hannah, she purchased 3 things:
- An apron for $1.00
- A Hello Kitty memory game for $1.50
- A Princess birthday book for $1.00
She was excited for her own apron because she likes to wear them in the kitchen while she helps make pancakes with Daddy.
Our house is painted! All of it. It's done and it kicked my butt!
I finished painting an Armoire that was given to us. Here's the before:
Here's the after:
Dining room before:
Dining room after:
I had an accident in the dining room when I was doing touch up paint a week later. I lost my grip on the paint can and it spilled all over my hard wood floor! I cried for about an hour. It took about 8-10 hours to clean up.
Fireplace before:
Fireplace after (sorry, can't get a good shot with the lighting):
Living room before:
Living room after:
Miscellaneous
I often pick up a few kids on our street from the bus stop, and when we were walking back I saw what Hannah had done to her socks and had to take a picutre.
One Sunday morning I was getting ready for church in my bathroom. I came out to go eat some breakfast, and I saw Hannah sitting in the hallway. She was patiently waiting there for Daddy to come out of the bathroom. So cute.
That folks, was our April.
Oh, wait. I had a birthday during the month of April too. I'm combing through my pictures and I can't find any photos of the event. Oops. In fairness, I did request from Nathan that all I wanted for my big day was to have the house painted by the end of that week -- and it was! And I told my family members that I all I wanted was some money so that I could have some girl time and go shopping for clothes -- which I also did. So thank you everyone for honoring my birthday requests. Happy Birthday to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment