May started off with a temple trip up to Palmyra. It was so great to be in the temple and feel of the spirit, and Heavenly Father's love for us. We had a remarkable experience and we are so glad we went.
I love the tulips that were in bloom there too.
Later in the month we were able to go to the D.C. Temple too. I still cannot believe that we attended the temple twice this month. That is quite the accomplishment for living out here. Each of these temples is a 4 hour drive from where we live!
Tuscaloosa, AL
On Mother's Day, Nathan and I headed out for a business trip to the University of Alabama. Nathan went out for a presentation and I got asked to accompany him (thank you UofA for the trip!).
We loved our little excursion. After arriving at the airport, we drove by the Birmingham, AL temple. We couldn't go inside because it was closed. In fact, the entire property was closed and gated off that day so we couldn't walk around the grounds, which was a bummer.
The university put us up in a nice hotel. Even the public bathroom by the restaurant was luxurious looking.
We got to see a few of the sites:
The Magnolia trees were starting to bloom, which warmed my heart. I love the south!
We also got to see around campus.
It was very warm outside so we got a driving tour of campus which is why I don't have much pictures. But all of the buildings are built to resemble the southern plantations, which made me really miss the south. I LOVE the southern plantations!
It was very warm outside so we got a driving tour of campus which is why I don't have much pictures. But all of the buildings are built to resemble the southern plantations, which made me really miss the south. I LOVE the southern plantations!
I even got to attend Nathan's presentation. Now I know I may be a little biased, but Nathan KICKED BUTT! He did such an amazing job and I'm so proud of him. I can't imagine presenting in front of so many accomplished professionals.
One of my favorite parts of the trip was eating frozen yogurt while walking along the Black Warrior River there. It was so pretty at dusk.
Zumba
Hannah came with me to one of my Zumba classes.
She was good for about 25 minutes, and then checked out. One hour is too long for her. But she enjoyed the first part of it for sure. Especially Taylor Swift's Shake it off! song.
Daddy Daughter Date
Hannah and Nathan went on their first official Daddy Daughter date. This is something we decided to start doing. In the world today it is crucial that fathers date their daughters. These girls need to know what a proper date looks like, and how they should be treated.
They went and got some strawberry ice cream at the PSU creamery, then headed over to the Arboretum, and then to target to buy some belts that Hannah has been saving up for.
Pre-school is over
This was a sad day. Hannah has finished pre-school and is now ready to go to Kindergarten! Where does the time go? I can't believe how fast she is growing.
I'm also sad because pre-school provided a great outlet for her abundance of energy, and now it's gone. So we enrolled Hannah in some swim lessons. Too bad they start in June.
Garage Sale
The street that we live on did a garage sale one weekend.
Hannah liked the fact that she was able to go buy something at someone else's house. She came back with a craft/project toy -- making crowns.
She made a crown for herself, and then she ended up making crowns with the sister missionaries later that night after dinner.
Visit from Grandma and Grandpa
Grandma and Grandpa came out for a visit.
It was really nice to see family and spend a day with them. Hannah really enjoyed seeing Grandma and Grandpa, and Scooter too (the dog).
She especially loved the surprises from Grandma.
FPU class #2
We are coordinating another FPU class! There are 7 households taking the class (about 16 people), which is a good pretty good number for us. We love coordinating these classes. It is so motivating to see people get excited about becoming better stewards of their own personal finances.
As we were preparing for class one day we told Hannah that if she behaved during class then we would go get ice cream. Well, we ended up stopping at McDonald's the next day to honor that promise.
While she was licking the ice cream, I started thinking this might be her very first experience with ice cream on a cone. Remember folks -- she wouldn't even touch ice cream till about a year ago.
Miscellaneous
Hannah and I stopped by Nathan's work one day. We walked around some and got to see LOTS of baby ducks. They are all over campus!
Here is what the painting was supposed to look like:
And here is how mine turned out:
I thought for sure the next morning Hannah would tell me my painting was beautiful. Instead, she said "Mommy, what is that?" Clearly, I have no artistic talents.
The weather has definitely been warmer around here lately, which means Hannah loves to go out and play with the neighbors. We like it too because it is an outlet for her abundance of energy.
One morning I woke up and saw that Nathan and Hannah were playing Sorry. Hannah likes this game, but Nathan HATES this game. He hates it with a passion. What a loving dad.
University of Alabama picture courtesy of University of Alabama: http://dialog.ua.edu/2010/08/campus-changes-reflect-uas-growth-with-quality/

2 comments:
I loathe Sorry! as well. Bless Daddy Nathan's heart.
LaMar said: "Thank you so much for sharing. You have such an great and wonderful family and it was also wonderful to be able to visit with you. Thanks for asking us to fast with you and we are praying for you in regards to the position in Alabama. We miss you so much. We will always keep you in our hearts and prayers."
Post a Comment