Thursday, June 30, 2016

Journey's in June

Lots of travel in June!


Hannah gets to visit family

Hannah got to go and visit family while Nathan and I did some church service for a week (girls camp, see section below).  She loves going to see Uncle Dale and family.

Throughout the week, we'd get photos of her exercising, playing with instruments, lounging around in the hammock, snuggling with the cat, picking blueberries, seeing the movie Finding Dory, etc.  She loved it!

In fact, when we picked Hannah up and we were traveling on our way home she was so sad.  I looked in the back seat and asked if she was ok.  Her response: "I miss my Uncle Dale."

Thank you family for watching her while we were at girls camp!


Girls camp

I was on the stake girls camp committee this year, which means I went to girls camp for the entire week!  And Nathan got to come for the entire week too.  I'm so glad he did because he was VERY helpful.

The weather was great.  We had a few periods of hot and muggy temperatures, but compared to the last few years the weather was ideal in many cases.

The girls had fun doing their individual skits the first night that were very entertaining.

We got to do a vertical adventures course.

We had an awesome spiritual night that was all coordinated by the YCLs (youth camp leaders, ages 16-18).

We had a fantastic testimony meeting too!  In the 4 years I've been to camp I cannot remember a better meeting.

The older YCL girls pulled a prank on me.  They posted this awesome picture of me in the lodge:

They even used it in their skit:

It started with one photo on the first day full day of camp, but as each day progressed the pictures multiplied all throughout the camp.  On the last day, they posted a very large poster sized picture of me in the lodge (which I didn't get a pictures of.  Oh well).

The story behind the picture is that I was substituting a Young Women class in May, and there were two girls that started texting during the class (both of which I have good relationships with).  So, I decided to play their game and I texted them the picture above.  Soon after they had received the photo, they had agreed to utilize it during girls camp.  Honestly, it made me feel loved.


Swim lessons

Hannah started swim lessons this month.  She LOVES it!  She has been asking for weeks "how many sleeps till swim lessons?"

This is the first time she has ever been in a pool, or has had any swim lessons.  I was a little nervous that she would hate it and would never want to learn the important life skill lesson of learning how to swim. Luckily, I was wrong and she went all in (quite literally).


Miscellaneous

We did some work outside our home at the beginning of the month.  Nathan power washed the front of the house while Hannah played in her little pool.

She also decided that she was going to scrub the driveway.  She is always willing to help.

At times, we get some winds around our home.  Sometimes we like the winds, sometimes we don't. Hannah was excited about the winds and wanted to fly her Elsa kite.  She bought the kite with her own money (it was only $1) so it didn't too so great, but she enjoyed it!

There was one night that Nathan went to be really late and fell asleep in the guest-room.  When Hannah got up, she went in to snuggle with Daddy.

While Nathan was weed whacking he chipped some of the siding off of the house (oops).  So we had to order a replacement part and pick it up.  The piece was so big that we had it hanging outside our passenger window.  Poor Nathan had to hang on really hard to ensure we didn't loose it.  It was kind of funny.

Nathan and I got to go to the temple again in June.  We set a goal to attend the temple 3 times in the year 2016 -- and we did it! (FYI -- we live about 4 hours from a temple so this is not an easy goal when you have a little one at home).

On Father's Day, the primary chorister recruited several of the guys to come into primary.  She had them change into some old ties that her hubby no longer uses (the kids didn't know about it). Throughout the singing time she cut up the ties and the kids LOVED it.  It was really fun to watch.  The louder they sang the higher up the tie she cut.  When they sang Nathan's favorite primary song, they sang quietly so his tie didn't get cut much.

Well, that was our June.  Busy with journeys.

2 comments:

Camber said...

Bwahaha! I love the picture of you at girls camp. You're right though--it's a great way for teenagers to show love. Hannah is so cute in her swimsuit, BTW.

wendy said...

Looks like Hannah had a blast! I love the planking picture. Haha! I agree with camber- that prank picture at girl's camp is awesome. What a good idea with the ties in primary. I think I'd cringe with that first cut though. 😳