We started off the month by getting a new Purple Mattress. It was time to get a new bed because we would wake up each morning on our old mattress SORE! Ouch.π
We did lots and LOTS of research, and we found that The Purple Mattress was the way to go. Hannah was beyond thrilled that a mattress could come wrapped up in a plastic bag and would expand.
It was so nice to sleep on a nice mattress and not wake up the next day with sore joints.
Alabama Furniture
We were out and about running errands one Saturday, and we couldn't help but noticed this unique furniture:
Alabama Fans are pretty darn dedicated.
Making a Father's Day Giftπ¦
We're heading to Utah in a few weeks to surprise Grandpa for Father's Day (shh). We decided to go make a plate for him.
This is what it looked like before they fired it all up.
The owl is Hannah's hand. Isn't it cute?!
Hannah LOVED this place. She loved all the painting.
I made a count down of "Days left till Utah" for Hannah. She will often ask us "how many days till _____?" I figured this would be a good way for her to answer her own question.
Ice creamπ¨
It's been one year since Nathan came out and interviewed for his current job. In honor of that anniversary, and also Mother's Day, we went to the restaurant where we had our dinner interview.
This year we tried something new: they had this homemade Carmel ice cream so we split a bowl. Oh my word -- this ice cream was beyond amazing!
Eye Doctorπ
Hannah's first pair of glasses broke this month. I was so sad about that because they were so adorable on her. It was also timely as she had a follow up with her Pediatric Ophthalmologist. The good news is her amblyopia is not worse. She likes going to the "city" to see her eye doctor, but she doesn't like the "magic drops" he puts in to dilate her eyes. When she found out she didn't need those on this visit, she was much happier.
I love the concentrated looks on her face when she has to read the letter charts.
Now we have to wait a few more weeks for her new glasses to arrive.
Weather⛅
Well it has definitely warmed up here in Bama. This is what the temperature looked like at 5:30 am one morning.
By the afternoon, you're looking at almost 100 degrees of weather.
With consistent hot weather now, we have been able to hit the pool for day (and night!) swimming.π
One of the things I have been enjoying about this warmer weather is the flowers! I usually see some Gardenias at my work each morning. They smell amazing, and are SO pretty.
I also like seeing the rather large Magnolia flowers. I think they look best before they bloom.
Miscellaneous
Hannah decided she wanted to use my old wallet. She liked having all the different cash envelopes, and wanted to label them for her.
A lady that works in the building I work at gives Hannah lots of fun little things to do and work on. I came home one day with this My Little Pony sticker book. It kept Hannah busy for a few hours (thank you Lisa!).
And who wouldn't like to wake up to this?
Here in Alabama, school ends the weekend of Memorial Day. So summer has officially started for us! Wahoo! I wish I would have taken a picture of Hannah getting off the bus as she finished her first year of school. But, I didn't. π
No comments:
Post a Comment