New glasses👓
Hannah got her new glasses!
Hannah has been mentioning lately how bright it is outside, so we decided to try the transition lenses (which by the way are not cheap!). So far, she really likes them.
Pose for the camera📷
One day, Nathan's family did a "stop what you're doing and take a picture." So, we posed for the camera.
Tooth fairy box💫
Hannah had a loose tooth for quite some time and she wanted to paint a tooth fairy box she found last month at the ceramic painting place we went to. So Nathan and Hannah went on a Daddy-Daughter date and she painted this (with Daddy's help).
Now she just needs to loose the tooth so that the Tooth Fairy can come.
Youth Conference👫
I headed up to University of Northern Alabama (UNA) for a 3 stake youth conference. It was a lot of fun.
Shots of UNA, and their mascots they have on campus (Leo and Una, the lions).
Here are some of my Young Women that came to youth conference.
And here are some of the the Young Men from our ward.
I got to drive another leader's truck through the backwoods of Alabama. We had a good time.
Here is a pano of the general room the 3 stakes would meet in.
I had to take a picture of the cafeteria. Anytime there is food involved, these youth will eat (or drink) it.
There was one thing no one touched: The unsweetened tea. I don't think UNA realized Latter-day Saints don't drink tea. It gave us a laugh.
I got to sleep all by myself! Usually, there are two leaders in a dorm room, but not this time. I had no complaints.
And of course, the dances are always entertaining. I go around taking pictures and videos and sending them to their parents. The parents love it when I do that.😂
A Visit from the Tooth Fairy!
Hannah lost her first tooth on Sunday June 11th!
She lost it at church. I was in my class during the last hour of church when a primary teacher came and pulled me from the class room. I walked out and there was Hannah -- beaming! She jumped up and down and said "Mommy! I lost my tooth! I lost my tooth!" (She had been trying to loose this tooth for a couple weeks now).
When we got home from church, she put her tooth in her little box, and when she woke up the next day the tooth was gone! She was also pretty thrilled with the little green bill that had replaced it.
Ah the magic of being a kid.
Utah🛩
Traveling to go surprise Grandpa for Father's Day! Shh...
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures when we surprised Nathan's dad. Let's just say that we nearly surprised the pants off of him.😉
We had a lot of fun. We went bowling, to a water park, played with Grandma and Grandpa, palyed with Uncle Danny, played with cousins, played a lot of card games, saw a rattlesnake, celebrated Father's Day, visited grave sites of loved ones who have passed, etc.
Do you remember the plate we made last month for Nathan's dad. Ya, it broke while in transit. Dumb USPS! Cliff Clavin would be very disappointed in how it was handled.
One of the really neat things to see on our trip was the Refugee Branch that Nathan's parents are serving in. It was a unique experience to be at church with these refugees. It puts things into perspective, that's for sure.
Youth temple trip
I know. It's been a VERY busy month for me with youth stuff. But that is the nature of the calling. Youth conference, temple trips, girls camp (which is next week), etc. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty bushed.
But when I get around some of these youth they give me energy! (By the way, we are seated in a 12 passenger van. You just can't see everyone).
Miscellaneous
Hannah colored a Lego page and brought it home. Look at what she put on the shirt:
Hannah saved her spend money for a few weeks so that she could buy a fidget spinner. She was very deliberate in her shopping with this. She tested A LOT of fidget spinners to make sure they fit HER hand (some of them are quite big). We're very proud of you kiddo in doing your homework.
And lastly, but definitely not least, I finished one of my goals. At the beginning of the year, or ward's bishopric challenged the youth and leaders (and eventually the entire ward) to read the Book of Mormon TWICE this year. The first round we were supposed to have completed on June 30th, and I made it!
3 comments:
You are the ultimate goal reacher! Good job Rachel! Loved these updates. Cute glasses, Hannah! I would have loved to see Nathan's dad's reaction to your surprise visit. I love that stuff. I'm so mad about the broken plate!! Yarg post office! ðŸ˜
Breta said: "I enjoyed your blog posts very much! They truly are a window to your family! I LOVE Hannah’s glasses!!! She looks so darling!!"
Elder Pike said: "That's awesome! That "Kiss the chef" apron is the apron that's in a picture with danny and I just before I left for the MTC! He was, of course, covering the "kiss" part.... but there's the humor!"
Post a Comment