Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving is gone and it didn't take long

Thanksgiving was a GREAT day! We slept in (Nathan slept until 11:30 am), relaxed, and went out for a Thanksgiving dinner. Neither of us have ever been out to dinner on Thanksgiving because we are usually with family. We went to the Iowa River Power Restaurant...which was fabulous! Since Nathan is busy with his dissertation we don't get to spend much quality time together so it was a treat to go out to a nice restaurant with a pretty view of the Iowa River.

The food was so good and there was a plethora of it! (Sorry...the pictures are a little dark. The restaurant was dimly lit).

Check out this dessert table.
After dinner we came back and relaxed some more, talked with family on the phone, and then dived into this YUMMY apple pie that I made. Doesn't it look gorgeous?
It was a great day, but I wish we could have changed two things:

1. The weather! I took a snapshot of our weather forecast on Thanksgiving...BRRR!
2. I wish that we could have seen our families. It is always nice to be with your family during the holidays. But we live in Iowa...alas!

**Side note: The picture of the lady in the turkey outfit is the owner of the restaurant. Isn't that hilarious? She wore that all day.**

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Turkey Lady is squeezing you tight! I thought for sure she was a friend. So funny. Yum...Iowa River Power Restaurant is delish! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Dave and Abby said...

So glad you both slept in; you needed that. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Dave

Erin said...

Yummy, I have always wanted to do that (since I found out about IRPC anyway). That is Denise, she is a Sheffield family friend. She makes great desserts

Kaye and Mike said...

Glad you had a relaxing day. We went out to eat one year and it just didn't seem right. I know what it's like not to have family. Once we moved to Seattle it was always only Mike, the children, and me.

Bonnie said...

The view of the river is beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!