Saturday, September 4, 2010

Chicago

For our Anniversary/Labor Day weekend we headed to Chicago. We packed up the car Friday morning and drove straight to a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field. Boy...that was an experience.

Wrigley Field is an older ball park which makes it very different from any other baseball field. First of all, there is no big screen in the stadium so you really have to pay attention and watch the game. Watching a Cubs game is a unique experience and I'm grateful we were able to go. The Cubs beat the NY Mets 7 to 6, and we saw 3 home runs hit in Wrigley Field (2 of which were from the NY Mets)! Yeah...Cubs fans were not happy about those.

Here is Wrigley's "Big Screen."

A shot of the game at Wrigley Field.

The happy couple! I originally was wearing a visor, but the wind was so strong that I had to take it off because it almost blew out of the park.

Did you know that if the Cubs win their baseball game that the fans will actually sing a song called "Go Cubs Go?" Yep...it's about a 3 minute song and the entire stadium was singing it. I guess they have VERY loyal fans. Click here if you're interested in hearing the song. Be careful...it's a catchy tune.

After the game we walked around Wrigley Field. We saw this sign and decided to take advantage of this photo opportunity.


After the game, we drove 2 hours from Wrigley Field to go 16.5 miles to our hotel---RIDICULOUS. That's Chicago traffic for ya though.


On Saturday, September 4th, we headed to the Chicago Illinois Temple.


I cannot believe that the Iowa City Stake used to be in this Temple district. The Nauvoo Illinois Temple is definitely closer--by a good 2 hours. I love going to Temples and seeing the different layouts and architectures. As different as the Chicago Temple is, it was just like every other Temple in the church--beautiful.

It was a fun and quick weekend get-a-way, but we are glad to be back home in our own home, with our own bed (which by the way has been calling my name for a couple hours).

4 comments:

Being Breta said...

It sounds like you had a nice trip! Happy anniversary to you both, and we'll see you in less than two weeks! Yea!

Erin said...

Fun! Too bad I didn't tell you about the train before you bought parking...much smoother sailing.

And thanks for the post to the song. Abe was singing it all night long (ugh!).

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip! I always thought the Chicago temple was small but that is probably because I was used to the big Utah temples.

Jared & Tristan said...

Guy used to sing "Go Cubs Go" all the time a year ago.

I love seeing the pictures of the Chicago temple. That's where Jared and I were married. Looks like you were there on a beautiful day.

and I love your cute little belly :)