Monday, September 27, 2010

Trip to California

In mid September Nathan and I headed out to California. We mainly went for my sisters wedding, but we decided to make the most of it while we were there.

The first item of business that we took care of when we got picked up from the airport was to eat at In-n-out. We were starving and the prego lady wanted an In-n-out Burger!

The next day was Mary and Patrick's Wedding. Here are some photos of the blessed event.

The newlyweds coming out of the "starting gates." Look at Patrick's expression...I love it!

At the wedding reception

The entire Sorenson family.

The Sorenson kids.

Mary and her niece Olivia. Olivia was awe struck with Mary the entire day.

Grandpa and Grandma Sorenson with the (newest) happy couple. My Grandpa was able to seal Patrick and Mary in the Los Angeles Temple.

Another happy couple--soon to be trio.


Another exciting event that we were able to participate in while in California was my nephew's baby blessing.

The Parker family.


While we were in California we HAD to go to an Angel's game. It's been way to long since we've seen them play.


Nathan and I also got to do some family file names at the Newport Beach Temple. Nathan's brother David was also able to come with us and he was a welcome addition to our little party. After the temple we went and ate at Cafe Rio! YUM!


We were also fortunate to visit with many family members while visiting.


Nathan got to visit with his parents (who drove down to see us), and his Great Uncle Skip. Nathan's brother lives in California so we were able to visit with his family many times.

These are my "Utah" cousins. They traveled down for Mary's wedding and it was SO GOOD to see them. I haven't been able to visit with them in a long time. Thanks Debbie, Bonnie and Amy for coming down.

And I got to visit lots with my Grandparents. I sure miss these two.


And during our "downtime" we did some playing of our own. We went bowling, shopping at the mall, caught up with friends and family, and played lots of games...particularly Nertz.

We were very sad to leave California and our families. We really did not want to go. But such is life and now we are back into the swing of things in Iowa.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

It was so good to see you! You look so cute pregnant! I am so happy for you and Nathan! Love you!

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

Every bit of this looks like a blast. I love seeing family pictures..... looks like you have a good one!

Heidi Miller said...

You look so great Rachel!!

Amy said...

It was so good to see you too! I'm glad you were able to see so many family and friends.