Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day


The Culmers had a busy Valentine's Day.

It started early as I had a doctors appointment at 8:00 am. Then I came home and worked on my computer for a few hours to catch up on emails, our finances/budget, and I also started some laundry all while tending to Hannah. She is such a happy baby.


Then Hannah helped me in the kitchen. We emptied the dishwasher, did dishes, prepared a new recipe for dinner, and did more dishes. She enjoyed watching me move all around in the kitchen dancing to music. Apparently it was too much work for her though so she checked out and took a nap.

Later, we opened the mail and Hannah got a Valentine's Day gift from Grandma Sorenson. Inside were 3 crisp $1 bills. When I was a little girl my Grandmother would mail us $3 in our cards for birthdays and holidays and we loved it. I'm so happy that my mom has decided to continue the tradition.

Eventually Nathan came home from work and we had an early dinner as he teaches a class on Monday nights. I am pleased to say that the new recipe turned out pretty well. It needs some tweaking, but it was a tasty meal all-in-all.

We decided to keep things pretty low key for V-day gifts. I made cupcakes for Nathan, and in return he got me my favorite candy--Peanut butter M&Ms. YUM!

9 comments:

Being Breta said...

I'm glad you like the tradition of the $3 crisp one's! It is fun to continue what my Mom started. Looks like Hannah feels the same way I do when I have spare cash in my hands...HAPPY!

Bonnie said...

I am so happy that your Mom continued the tradition that Grandmother started with the card and $3 bills! Happy Valentine's Day!

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

Looks like a perfect Valentines day! Hannah looks as cute as ever.

Jared & Tristan said...

I love Hannah's smiles, she is so cute!
PB m&m's are jared's favorite candy too

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Our V-Day was pretty low-key, too, which was kind of nice.

I love Hannah's happy smile.

Heidi Miller said...

Little Hannah is soooooooo precious and beautiful! I can't believe how quickly she has grown!

Amy said...

I just want to eat Hannah up, she is so cute! I love that your mother has continued Grandmother's tradition with the 3 one dollar bills. How fun!

Jenny said...

Hannah is so adorable!! I am glad you had a good valentines day.

Tawnya said...

Well she looks like a great helper! :)