Sunday, September 11, 2011

A day I will never forget



I have been reflecting about what happened in my life 10 years ago today.  My mom had just arrived from picking up my younger sister from seminary.  I was starting to get ready for some of my college courses when my mom came in from the garage and exclaimed "turn on the TV!  I believe we just had a terrorist attack!"

We turned on the television and she was right.  There was no need to flip through the stations as this breaking news was on every single channel.  Our mouths dropped.  Our hearts ached.  Our eyes wept.  Time stood still.



In loving memory of those who have suffered on that infamous day of September 11, 2001.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.


September 11, 2001 picture courtesy of Google images
Fire fighters flag picture courtesy of Google images

No comments: