I'm sure many of you have seen the movie The Wizard of Oz. You know the saying "Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore?"
Well...I know I am definitely not in Kansas!
I asked my neighbor last week when trash day was. Her reply: "Oh, you have to hire someone to pick up the trash."
WHAT!??! What city doesn't pick up your trash?
OK then. I called a trash company the other day and hired them to come and pick up our garbage. $25 a month. I'm still not sure if that is steep or a good price. Yesterday I received this booklet of payments in the mail and I couldn't help but scan the cover of this booklet and blog about it.

You'll notice I highlighted two things -- one in pink and one in blue.
Ashes: what kind of ashes are people throwing away? The only type of ashes that I know about are cigarette ashes and human remains. Creepy.
Hunting season: early Saturday pickup before BUCK! WHAT? Are you telling me that I am going to be seeing deer carcasses out on our street waiting to be picked up by the trash? Gross. We never saw this type of garbage in Iowa, and there is NO WAY you'd see that in Southern California.
Another side note about garbage: we don't have a garbage disposal too. Weird.
Where did we move too?
5 comments:
Oh man I feel for you. When we moved to Kentucky we too found that the city didn't provide garbage pick-up. Not cool... and yes it was def. more expensive than regular city service. You Pennsylvanians have us though cause I never saw services for ashes or bucks. Good luck with that! Hope the move went well and you are getting settled in!
I wonder if he means that you have to have the garbage out early enough for him to go catch his buck. Why would you shoot a deer only to through it away. Weird. Not sure about the ashes either. Those Pennsylvanians are so backward (coming from an Iowan!).
The ashes are probably if you burn your own trash. The garbage men probably want to go hunting themselves so they will pick your garbage up before they go hunting. Here in North Liberty you pay for a sticker for each bag of garbage. Moving, isn't it so much fun! (a little sarcasm)
I would guess that the ashes are from people burning wood in their fireplaces. My Dad has to clean plenty of ashes out of the cabin's fireplace in the wintertime.
The photos of your new home state are lovely. I'm glad Hannah's finger is OK. I hope Kronk's adjusting well. :)
WE HAD THAT TOO!!! We had to hire people to come take our trash, and then they come at all different times. Ours is only $13/month though, and we don't have any hunting season restrictions. ha ha ha!
Post a Comment