First, we fed the ducks at the local park.
Then we decided to walk around the park before we ate dinner at a local Italian restaurant. Bellefonte has its own natural spring and that is how this town got its name (in french, "la belle fonte" means beautiful fountain).
Look at how clear that water is.
The word that I use to describe the city of Bellefonte: Charming.
This was too funny and I had to take a picture of it.
Bellefonte has many buildings that feature Victorian architecture.
Nathan wanted a picture of this house because it was so odd. This is the cemetery gatehouse and home of the cemetery's superintendent. How would you like to live here with your backyard facing an old cemetery. Creepy.
Also, Bellefonte is the county seat of Centre County.
And since the county seat is here, that means the infamous Sandusky trial has been taking place at this courthouse. There have been lots of cameras and media attention in this little town lately (as you can tell from the photo below).
Afterwards we ran a few errands at the mall and Home Depot, and then we went and got ice-cream at Penn State Creamery--yum!

3 comments:
Wow, the town looks very nice and I am sure you'll enjoy living there. Love the ducks, and I'll bet Hannah will enjoy feeding them, too!
I agree. Charming is the perfect word for it. It looks like a really fun place to live.
I LOVE the look of your charming town!
Post a Comment