Thursday, October 25, 2012

October oddities

We have been super busy this month and to be honest I am looking forward to October being over with.  I took some pictures throughout the month but they are all kind of random so I decided to put them all into a blog post full of oddities instead of doing separate posts for all the photos.  That being said, let's get started.

Oddity #1
One thing that Hannah LOVES to do is to take her hair-bows out of her drawer and have me clip them to her clothes.  She'll wear them on her outfits, but she won't let me put them in her hair (which by the way is why she never wears any hair-bows in her hair).

Oddity #2
One of my responsibilities at church is that I get to work with the youth in our ward.  On October 13th there was a stake youth activity at a farm, and let me tell you...it was in the middle of nowhere.

We learned how to barn dance (which was fun), went on a hayride (a first for me), and I watched the girls roast some hot dogs.  I am not a hot dog person so I didn't roast one, but I was thoroughly entertained watching the young women roast their hot dogs and getting them too close to the ashes and ruining them.  Let's just say there were lots of hot dogs leftover because the girls got too grossed out and didn't want to cook them.

Oddity #3
We were at Lowe's last Saturday picking up some paint samples and when we came out we saw this gorgeous, double rainbow.  Everybody whipped out their cell phones and started taking pictures because it was so pretty.

Oddity #4
One of the great, and I mean GREAT advantages of living on the east coast is we get to see the beautiful fall colors.  This is what we see each time we look out our house.  AWESOME!

Well, I guess that wraps things up until the Halloween post next week.

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

Wow, that rainbow really is beautiful! and I love the fall colors!!

Jared & Tristan said...

I LOVE that last picture with all the fall colored trees!

Camber said...

Ha! Hannah is hilarious with those bows! And that view outside your house is amazing. I think the further east you go the better it gets.