I'm doing Halloween in two blog posts as opposed to one because our church's Trunk-or-Treat was postponed to Saturday due to Hurricane Sandy (no worries -- we survived the storm just fine). So you will see another post later this weekend.
For Halloween this year Hannah dressed up as a fairy/Tinker Bell. My Mom found this costume at T.J. Maxx and since it was super cheap she purchased the costume and mailed it to us. I was thrilled because I didn't have to worry or stress about making a Halloween costume this year. Thank you Mom!
This was the first time Hannah went trick-or-treating and she had a B.L.A.S.T! Hannah was a little skeptical at first, but she quickly warmed up to the idea. Nathan and I went to a few houses together with her in our cul-de-sac, but eventually he stayed home and handled the trick-or-treaters while Hannah and I continued to brave the cold, wet weather.
She was starting to say trick-or-treat halfway through the evening (though it sounded like "ik-eat") and after she received her candy she would say thank you (I admit...I cued her to say thank you, but she did say it). After we hit the select few houses of our friends on the block we came home and Hannah really enjoyed checking out what was in her bag. It was very entertaining to watch.
Everyday for Hannah is a new adventure with all kinds of things to discover. Today, Hannah discovered Halloween and the glory of trick-or-treating.
4 comments:
Hannah is adorable in her fairy/Tinker Bell costume! It also looks as if there was one more person intrigued with Hannah's bag of treats! Glad she had a good time.
She is the cutest little tinkerbell ever!!
Hannah looks so darling! Great costume! Glad she had so much fun trick-or-treating and so glad you are okay after Sandy!
What a sweetheart!
Post a Comment