- Nathan leaves house at 8:00 am to head to Brookville, PA (about 1.5 hours away from where we live) for a High Council speaking assignment.
- Hannah thankfully slept in and woke up at 8:20 am. She gets up and is in a happy mood. She plays with toys, I do my make up, and then we both eat breakfast.
- After getting dressed, we went next door for an Easter egg hunt. Hannah really caught on this year with the hunt. She enjoyed opening the eggs and eating the Reeses Pieces candy.
- We head back home and finish getting ready for church.
- Attended church (our ward starts at 12:30 pm...ugh) and it starts to rain. I taught my lesson on the Resurrection to the YW -- which went great!
- After church ended, I noticed Nathan was in the hallways. When he was done in Brookville he headed straight to our unit to see Hannah and I. That was really sweet surprise. We hurriedly piled into our respective cars (in the rain), and raced home so that we could put the potatoes in the oven.
- Arrived home at 3:55 pm, put the food in the oven, and changed clothes.
- Leave the house at 4:30 pm to head up to a friends house for Easter dinner (same place we went to for Thanksgiving). Still raining.
- Hannah falls asleep in the car about 10 minutes before we arrive at our destination. Grr!
- I go into the house and helped Shawn set her table and finish dinner preparations while Nathan stays out in the car and let's Hannah sleep.
- Nathan and Hannah come in around 5:30 pm, and she SLOWLY warms up to everyone. She was not happy that we woke her up.
- Eat dinner, socialize, and try to keep Hannah from damaging any of the Markel's home. She actually behaved very well.
- It's nearing 7:30 pm so we pack up our belongings as we need to head back home. As we are loading in the car Hannah noticed two horses out in the fields. We called them over and they came right up to the fence. Hannah was in heaven. I didn't snap any shots because it was still raining, so I took a picture from my phone once I got in the car (not a very good one, I know).
- We arrived home around 8:00 pm, put Hannah to bed.
- We change into comfy clothes and thought about calling our families. We didn't though because we figured that their Easter dinner festivities were just starting. Being 2 or 3 hours away from everyone makes that very tricky.
- So, we said prayers, read scriptures, and then it was lights out for us. We were exhausted.
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Easter 2013
Our Easter Sunday was very hectic. Here is how it went down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE how Hannah looks in her Easter Dress, with her hair all done up! Very nice...what did you wear? It's a good thing you had somewhere to go for dinner. I so appreciate those fine families who are willing to share their holidays with you!
Post a Comment