Sunday, May 12, 2013

Our Mother's Day week

For our Mother's Day week all 3 of us were sick with head colds.  I think mine lasted the longest. Actually, it is still going.  Hannah seemed to shake her illness off the quickest, which is a good thing I guess.

I went to a Relief Society activity on Thursday and we did a "ice-cream and swap" social.  The idea was for everyone come to the activity with any unwanted items no longer used in their homes, and swap them out with others.  I inherited some pretty awesome treasures, but Kronk thought this one was the best.  He played with the luggage that I got, but I guess he preferred the bowl.  Weirdo.

Friday, Hannah and I picked up Nathan from work and enjoyed walking around Penn State's campus.  They have some beautiful tulips that are in bloom, and there were 3 duck families with little ducklings.  It was really cute, and Hannah enjoyed watching the ducks.  By the way -- Hannah loves polkadots right now and insisted on wearing that outfit for the day.  She has most definitely entered this independent, "do-it-self" phase.

On Saturday, Nathan took Hannah for a few hours to the local mall.  I was able to enjoy several hours of peace and quiet in the walls of my own home.  It was great!  I spent the time downstairs in the basement sanding a few furniture items that I am re-finishing (pictures of those will come, I promise.  I am close to finishing them).  After sanding and spray painting, I was able to shower and get cleaned up, and then eat some lunch all by myself.  It was a wonderful pre-Mother's Day gift!

On Mother's Day, we all slept in.  I'm not quite sure how that happened seeing that Hannah is up by 7:00 am these days, but it was fantastic and none of us complained.  We had a relaxing morning before church.  Nathan and Hannah gave me a gift card to JoAnns, as I am working on re-covering several pillows for my living room (again, pictures will come when the project is finished).  We all went to church together which was great.  It is pretty rare that we get to go all together as Nathan is usually on a high council assignment and out visiting other units in the Stake.

After church we drove and dropped off some candy to some women who were unable to attend church that day.  The country out here in the east coast is so beautiful right now because EVERYTHING is green!

We then came home, got out of our church clothes (which Hannah did not want to do as you can see by her face in the picture below), talked to my mom, and then ate some dinner.

After dinner, Hannah got ready for bed (yes...that really is what her hair looks like after we take out her hair ties).  We put Hannah down for the night, and then we got ready for bed ourselves. Nathan talked with his mom on the phone, after which it was lights out for us.  We were beat and quite exhausted from our week.  Being ill sure takes it out of ya.

That was our Mother's Day week.

No comments: