Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Toy Chest

One of my goals this year is to learn how to re-finish furniture so that I can develop a new talent, and also stock the house with "up-cycled" furniture at a reduced cost.  My sister Emily is a pro at it, so she has been guiding and helping me over the phone (thanks Emily -- I'm sure it will not be the last time I bug you about re-finishing furniture).

One of my first projects was a toy chest.  My neighbor actually gave it to me and I decided to re-paint it and put it in our family room so that I could get rid of the ugly boxes wrapped in wrapping paper (that were starting to rip and tear making them look dreadful).

Here is the before photo:

Here is the after photo (the design was actually Nathan's idea):

6 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Nice! We just have a plastic storage bin. Your toy bin is way cooler.

Good luck developing this new talent.

HSBahr said...

Looks totally awesome! Way to go!

Jared & Tristan said...

I like it! Looks great!

Tawnya said...

So cute!!

Channa said...

Great job on the pillow Rachel! They look great! :)

Thanks for commenting today. It's fun to hear from you. I am so happy it looks like you have settled into PA nicely. It looks beautiful there.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I thought of you this week when I made your "Easy Cheesy Chicken" while my mother in law was here. And...she asked for the recipe and just made it for her family at home.

Take care. <3

Unknown said...

I love love love this!! Looks amazing!