I was so excited for Father's Day this year. I have been planning this since December -- not kidding.
I used the "Dad's Root Beer" theme idea from Pinterest (like the one I used for our YW Daddy Daughter activity) to decorate for the occasion. We had 2 couples over to help celebrate the festivities. We ate beef brisket, cheese potatoes, fresh strawberries from our guests garden, and root beer floats for dessert.
But the most I was excited for was Nathan's gift. I wrapped his gift and made a little tie with a handkerchief to make it "manly."
Here is Nathan with the card that Hannah made (I had to help her make it). I used her hands to create the front and back of the card.
And here is Nathan with his Father's Day gift. I had a really nice poster board made with his priesthood line of authority, and I framed it. I have been working on this since Nathan became a high priest in December so you can see why I was really excited to see him open it. Thankfully, he loved it!
1 comment:
LaMar said: "It looks like a really fine father's day at your house. Thank you Rachel for making it so. I love all of you very much. Wish I could hug you."
Post a Comment