Our Christmas decorations help us get into the Christmas spirit. Not to mention it is just fun to decorate for Christmas.
Nathan's favorite decoration is the Santa wreath that I made this year. My favorite decorations are the poinsettia wreath (which I also made this year), and the fake sparkling presents under the tree and on top of my kitchen cupboards.
Some might be wondering -- fake presents, really? I thought the same thing myself. My sister, however, has converted me. She told me that if you go buy the good wrapping paper (i.e., foil wrapping paper), use pretty ribbon, and wrap fake presents then it makes your tree (or kitchen cupboards for those who can do that) look full, festive, sparkly, and just gorgeous. When we moved, we used all our cheap Christmas wrapping paper to use as packing material, which meant that I needed to buy some last year. So, I decided to put the fake presents to the test and buy the good wrapping and pretty ribbon, and WOW! It makes a world of difference. When the lights are low and the Christmas tree is plugged in (or the garland in the kitchen) the presents look fantastic! (FYI -- not all the presents under the tree are fake. I would say about half of them are real).
So now I am fully converted to good wrapping paper and fake presents. Sorry Nathan (though he does like how everything looks, he just doesn't like to store them. On the plus side, storing fake presents is really easy because they don't weigh hardly anything so the boxes are really light).
Here are some of our Christmas decorations for our house. Sorry about the photo of the tree. With the amount of daylight that comes into that corner throughout the day it makes it hard to take photos, and at night time they just all turn out yellow.
1 comment:
Such adorable decorations!! Love them!
Post a Comment